It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Would hope that we have sounded out Aouar for a January or summer 2020 move.

Think Manu Garcia, the seemingly forgotten man, should also be given his chance. Hugely talented and has already developed physically.

With the potential transfer ban it is vital we get gundogan to sign that new contract. Fantastic player who can play both at the base and in the central attacking areas..

Would hope that we have sounded out Aouar for a January or summer 2020 move.

Think Manu Garcia, the seemingly forgotten man, should also be given his chance. Hugely talented and has already developed physically.

Fuck off,when has one of our academy lads ever returned from one of these daft loan/buy back option thingymajigs??

We wouldn't be would we, we'd go from Silva, Gundogan, De Bruyne and Fernandinho to Bernardo, De Bruyne, Foden, Rodri. Zinchenko. So not so weak.
I would say we now have perfect midfield and attacking options.

Fern/rodri
Foden/d Silva
Gundogan/kdb
Sterling/sane
Mahrez/Bernardo
Aguero/Jesus

2 players for each position (allowing us to continue to challenge on all 4 fronts) just what pep has been craving, I think it’s a fair assumption Bernardo is seen as primarily a rw along with mahrez both of whom have similar traits. Obviously sometimes pep will mix it up tactically I.e sane and sterling both starting depending on opponent etc,

By start of 20/21 season we could be left with

Rodri/zinchenko
Foden/???
Kdb/????
Front three remain the same.

That is significantly weaker and we would heavily depend on various key players like Bernardo and kdb staying fit for most of the season.

Fuck off,when has one of our academy lads ever returned from one of these daft loan/buy back option thingymajigs??

Apart from Angelino/Zinchenko... :-)

Have a soft spot for Manu Garcia. Been following the Spanish/French media and have seen him linked with teams in Spain, France, Italy, and Belgium. Seems to be going on our tour, however, so just hope he shines and is maybe given a year in Manchester to develop.

The big difference is Zinchenko has played his entire career to date in midfield at UFA and for the national team at every level, with the exclusion of last season. He’s already shown the intelligence, adaptability and technical ability as a left back to prove he can play in midfield for us.

I’m not saying for one minute he starts in front of Rodri, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Bernardo, Silva, Gundogan or even Foden because he doesn’t but if we need him in there he absolutely can and will do a very good job. We play that many games and with doubts surrounding the fitness of 3 of the above names he’ll get a chance at some stage and he’ll no doubt take it.

With Silva, Gundogan and possibly Fernandinho (I maybe wrong on the last one) all potentially leaving at the end of the 19/20 season then we’ll need Zinchenko, he’s a perfect player to have in any squad.

I’m not slating zinchenko but you’ve just said yourself he doesn’t start ahead of any other midfielders so when he goes from 8th choice midfielder to potentially 5th purely down to exits, the quality has dropped.
No doubting his value as a squad player.

That's hardly a fan theory when he was an attacking midfielder when he came here and is where he plays for his country.

It is when he’s never played there for City. It’s an entirely different level than playing there for a middling Russian team and a relatively poor national side. Delph played his much more lengthy and established career before us in midfield and does so for country but it’s pretty unanimous he isn’t upto playing there for us to the level we need. And that’s the same player who was preferred to zinchenko in midfield last season in cup games against lesser opponents

I would say we now have perfect midfield and attacking options.

Fern/rodri
Foden/d Silva
Gundogan/kdb
Sterling/sane
Mahrez/Bernardo
Aguero/Jesus

2 players for each position (allowing us to continue to challenge on all 4 fronts) just what pep has been craving, I think it’s a fair assumption Bernardo is seen as primarily a rw along with mahrez both of whom have similar traits. Obviously sometimes pep will mix it up tactically I.e sane and sterling both starting depending on opponent etc,

By start of 20/21 season we could be left with

Rodri/zinchenko
Foden/???
Kdb/????
Front three remain the same.

That is significantly weaker and we would heavily depend on various key players like Bernardo and kdb staying fit for most of the season.
I'd say Douglas Luiz (should have visa by then) in for where you have Zinchenko and push Zinchenko into the floating 8 spot.

Then also remember that we have Bernardo who can also play middle so it is enough players.

Also perfectly timed with promoting another youth player imo.

zinchenko? and now angelino?

PS, love a thingymajig!

FishingBannerArt.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.