It's Quiet.....a new beginning.

Rammyblues said:
Excuse me this is a quiet thread not a disco thread, use the Baines thread for all that if you please :-)

didnt_read_dancing_lol_gif.gif

So Michu comes from some Spanish side for peanuts joins a mid table club (who like to pass the ball) and knocks in 17 goals or so in the prem suddenly he is top notch and we should buy him for 25m. Yet on the flip side of the coin a so called world class player Cavani isn't worth 55m even though it is almost inevitable that he too would score plenty of goals in the prem league.

Question do you pay over the odds for a proven goalscorer or take a good prospect who you believe can do the same job but for half or even a quarter of the price, otherwise what are we paying managers for, surely part of their job is to get the very best out of players. IMO it doesn't matter who we buy, if he isn't A list but we get him to score enough goals for the team which enables our targets met wouldn't that B list player become A list?

Good post Rammy.

I feel there is a misunderstanding amongst many on here-

It appears that the thinking is that a 'B list' player who scores a fair few goals for a 'B List' team wont be able to adapt/reproduce that form playing for a bigger (or 'top 4) club.

It seems logical to me that the opposite is more likely.

Someone knocking in 17 goals for a mid table team is, in my opinion, likely to score more playing with better players, for a team that attacks more, and creates more chances.

Just sayin.

Stoned Rose said:
Good post Rammy.

It appears that the thinking is that a 'B list' player who scores a fair few goals for a 'B List' team wont be able to adapt/reproduce that form playing for a bigger (or 'top 4) club.

Someone knocking in 17 goals for a mid table team is, in my opinion, likely to score more playing with better players, for a team that attacks more, and creates more chances.

Just sayin.
I think the logic is that they are the main man at the 'smaller' teams, meaning that at the bigger teams, the ball is not always played through them ,resulting in less chances.

Michu might be an exception, but it's probably best we don't sign him.

Just remember that Sinclair looked great in that side...

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Good post Rammy.

Just sayin.
I think the logic is that they are the main man at the 'smaller' teams, meaning that at the bigger teams, the ball is not always played through them ,resulting in less chances.

He didn't though, not outside the Championship and certainly not near the level of Michu.

Sinclair was a stupid signing and it was clear from his Chelsea days what his level was, is and always will be.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Good post Rammy.

Just sayin.

He didn't though, not outside the Championship and certainly not near the level of Michu.

Sinclair was a stupid signing and it was clear from his Chelsea days what his level was, is and always will be.

As someone who watches Swansea a lot due to my father being from Swansea, I can say that he did look good.

Even a few on here thought we should definitely sign him after he came off the bench to score against QPR on the opening day of this season.....when the score was 0-4.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Good post Rammy.

Just sayin.

the ball is not always played through them

I've clocked this kind of statement around the forum but have absolutely no idea what it means.

Could you elaborate please bud? and give me a few examples of teams who 'play through' a certain striker?

Also, who do we 'play through'?

Ta.

Stoned Rose said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Good post Rammy.

Just sayin.

the ball is not always played through them

I've clocked this kind of statement around the forum but have absolutely no idea what it means.

Could you elaborate please bud? and give me a few examples of teams who 'play through' a certain striker?

Also, who do we 'play through'?

Ta.
We don't play through anybody, as we've got such a talented range of players.

It's people like Ronaldo at Madrid, who demand the ball to be given to them, even if others are a better option elsewhere.

Watching Santos, players will give the ball to Neymar with 4 players around him, rather than the man on the wing in space.

Messi to an extent gets the ball played to him when there are better options.

Michu is given the ball a lot in these situations, and every cross is directed at him.

This is what I'd class as playing through a certain player, and if he was at City, I doubt Michu would be as prolific.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:57 pm --<br /><br />Look at Bale this year for another example.

If we bring in Cavani all well and good but if the purpose of buying Navas was to create chances IMO would it not be sensible to build on that and concentrate on getting a striker who can develop a strong relationship with Aguero and Dzeko playing to their strengths and thereby reducing the weaknesses they have as much as possible. If the strikers suddenly starts scoring goals for "fun" that increases their confidence etc etc. because they are feeding off the chances created won't that ultimately increase their profile and value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.