It's Quiet.....a new beginning.

As many have pointed out,last year we have 4 problems:
1) We did not play wide at wings
2) our strikers didnt have best of year to put ball into net even tough they were provided balls
3)Our Attacking mid fielders put strikers under pressure by not providing enough quality balls in open spaces
4)Defence was accused some bloopers like giving balls away
Steps taken:

1)We Buy navas to give us pace....with James Milner/Sincalir as back up ,seems we are covered

Not sure how we handle 2 and 3
2)Buying Ibra would solve issue 2.Not sure abt Negredo
3)Maybe buying Jovetic should solve issue 3
4)With richards fit, I feel 4 th should not be issue.....or we get in pepe...interesting if we have pepe and Ibra together

neel said:
As many have pointed out,last year we have 4 problems:
1) We did not play wide at wings
2) our strikers didnt have best of year to put ball into net even tough they were provided balls
3)Our Attacking mid fielders put strikers under pressure by not providing enough quality balls in open spaces
4)Defence was accused some bloopers like giving balls away
Steps taken:

1)We Buy navas to give us pace....with James Milner/Sincalir as back up ,seems we are covered

Not sure how we handle 2 and 3
2)Buying Ibra would solve issue 2.Not sure abt Negredo
3)Maybe buying Jovetic should solve issue 3
4)With richards fit, I feel 4 th should not be issue.....or we get in pepe...interesting if we have pepe and Ibra together

Ibra would, IMHO, be a step away from what I understand our 'holistic' strategy, in that the club are indicating team play as being a priority. Every team Ibra plays in, becomes the Ibra show.

I am increasingly sold on Negredo, I think his movement is quality and he has a great left foot, a touch of pace and plenty of muscle. He reminds me a bit of Vieri.

Jovetic doesn't solve 3) for me, he is a creative striker, not a playmaker. I would welcome him to play up front or on the wings of a 3, but I kind of think we need another midfield pass-master to share Nasri and Silva's burden. Nasri has to do better, it's that simple - Silva should recover some form, and maybe we will persist with Yaya as an attacking playmaker/goalscoring midfielder, and use more of Rodwell and Milner in the centre, along with fernandinho, all of them can do Yaya's leg work off the ball.

w/r/t defense - Micah Richards is the last player I would think of to eradicate bloopers and poor distribution. But his physicality and pace could shine in a more counter attack oriented unit. If we are to throw men forward at speed, we need defenders with the pace to recover - as well as providing a tactical argument in favour of Micah over Zab (who will surely still play a lot of games), this may be the thinking behind Pepe being a target. Flowing counter attack football also requires confident centre halves who can make decisive moves to win the ball - again, this is a description of Pepe.

Rammyblues said:
Summary of today Saturday 13th July at 22.26 for the benfit of those coming back from the pub.

Linked Players In see individual threads for speculation

1) Negredo - Sod all has happened

2) Angel Di Maria - Sod all has happened

3) Pepe - Sod all has happened except betting odd have us as odds on favorite.

4) Bruma Twitter reckons he is going to London for a meeting.

5) Stevan Jovetic - Sod all has happened really lots of discussion on rags involvement if they are involved. Some tweets towards the end of the thread suggest a monday meeting with THEM.

6) Marco Reus - Sod all has happened

7) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (wouldn't be a transfer window without him) Just press speculating we are in for him we are still debating whether a good signing or not.

8) Adem Ljajic - Sod all

Players Linked away

1) Barry - Sod all

2) Pants - Sod all

3) Kolorov - Sod all

4) Dzeko - Sod all

5) Sinclair - Sod all

It has been a very quiet day.

Sleep tight blues. :-)

many thanks, a great help.

Quote of the day

“The players were clear with what they had to do in this game. I spoke with them before the match and we had four or five days working together.

“We’re not prepared to play the way we want them to play so this was a normal match for pre-season. I’m not worried and this is what we expected.”

Pellegrini also said he is hoping to add to his squad in the coming weeks, though the Blues will only buy players who will enhance the current group – and he added Brazilian defender Maicon could soon be leaving the Club.

“We are not in a hurry to bring new players in but we are clear that we need two or three more before the season begins.

“Maicon didn’t come here to the pre-season and he will not be in the squad at Manchester City this year.

MP after game today

Bloody hell not seen so many on this forum since the Isco thread, might have to do a summary of todays happenings.

Akai said:
all waiting for Jovetic announcement !

istockphoto_195570_jeans.jpg
<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:59 pm --<br /><br />
Rammyblues said:
Bloody hell not seen so many on this forum since the Isco thread, might have to do a summary of todays happenings.

The greatest days.

Summary for today Monday 15th July at 2100

For me its been a dear diary day, Maicon apparantly landed in Rome ready for his medical and move to Roma, although a fee of 5m Euros was the reported fee it seems he has gone on a free. I am sure we all wish him well.

Jovetic is as nearly done without it being done if you get my drift, everyone in the media says just waiting for his signature which could be tonight or tomorrow there is even a snippet of information of a video purporting him to be off for a medical and it has been mentioned Navas had his medical in Spain so it is close.

Negredo drags on and on one minute we seem to have agreed everything and it is 99% done the next the President of Sevilla saying we are only 1% there but progress being made if the reports are to be believed we might be almost there a couple of million euros short and again the press are saying imminent.

There really are some quality GIfs in the Jovetic thread, the two dogs watching the cat jump in the box is my personal favorite.

Some time ago we were promised a happy Tuesday a bit later than expected but lets hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.