It's Quiet.....a new beginning.

celf said:
think thats us done now unless something special presents itself,hopefully the newbeees hit the ground running quickly and improve us significantly.

We need cover at Centre Back then we wilk be done

i dont disagree personally,however i think that the new coaching team think we have enough cover there..........VK,joleon,nasty,micah, looks like garcia is seen as a defender too,rodwell yaya haave played there b4........even zabba and cliché did a job there last season....boyata?

Nasri
Kolarov
Garcia
Sinclair
Dzeko

I dont think any are worthy of our shirt and i honestly wouldnt notice if they never played for us again.

We'd need a replacement for Kolarov but,that aside,i think the squad would cope and we'd be getting approx 400k/week off the wage bill.

FantasyIreland said:
Nasri
Kolarov
Garcia
Sinclair
Dzeko

I dont think any are worthy of our shirt and i honestly wouldnt notice if they never played for us again.

We'd need a replacement for Kolarov but,that aside,i think the squad would cope and we'd be getting approx 400k/week off the wage bill.
We can sell Sinclair without getting a replacement. Nasri and Dzeko will stay as we need depth in those positions. Kolarov should be sold though and replacement brought in. Garcia is ok and we need depth at CM as well as providing depth at CB (although I would still prefer for someone like Pepe to be brought in). So I think we can sell two from that list this summer. Dzeko I can see leaving when Guidetti is fit and proven himself so most likely next summer. Nasri and Garcia have make or break seasons coming.

Summary of the last few days transfer activity.

Seems the transfer market is spluttering back into life in respect of City with links for Kolorov and Sinclair with a new link to Rami. (not the town before any smart arse comes up with that one again) :-)

The way I see it Sinclair definitely surplus to requirements so don't care if it is on a season long loan or sale. If a loan at least he won't be able to score against us but might be useful against our rivals. If he excels it might mean next season we can get rid easier to a preferred buyer, the only downside if he fails to live up to expectations we could get him back like a spent penny. It seemed to have worked with both RSC and Bridge although in both their cases they left for fuck all but we only spent 6m.

As for Kolorov IMO we already have two players covering one another at left back but if someone is prepared to pay the 6m he is on offer for I can see him going, if not Clichy will have to remain fit for all the important games. We will also have to either buy another right back to cover for Richards whilst Zab covers left back or buy another left back Coentrau has been mentioned but as yet no specific links to him.

This Rami fellow seems to be in the right price range for a back up centre half for Vinny at only 8m but it would mean either Garcia or Barry will have to go to make way for him. Some reckon he is dead slow which won't help but he is on offer from Valencia and that is a club which were looking to get Guidetti on loan, could there be some bargaining there by way of a swop?

Pepe still looks a no go although he would be quality not sure of the price and not sure about his disciplinary record but enough has been said on that already.

FantasyIreland said:
Nasri
Kolarov
Garcia
Sinclair
Dzeko

I'm happy with our success obviously but to suggest some really quality players aren't "worthy of our shirt" seems pretty ungrateful. 3 of those had crucial moments in our title win another is a former captain for a high level European team and the other is a young homegrown player we took a gamble on.

I doubt there's twenty better AMs in Europe than Nasri or twenty better strikers than Dzeko. Is that really not a high enough level for fourth choice strikers and attacking mids?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.