It's Quiet.....a new beginning.

cityfan41 said:
As each day passes, I'm more convinced that we're done regarding
incomings. Still a couple to be shipped out though.

K Toure has to be replaced surely?

Obviously I trust our manager if he thinks we are done, then done we are. I just can't wait for the start of the season. Two weeks on Monday it's almost just like an International break now before it all starts.

I predict it's all gonna kick off with the Bale deal. Ronaldo back to the rags and any or all of Pepe/Coentrao/Di Maria to us I hope. Kolarov, Sinclair and Barry could all make way for our latest recruits. Exciting times!

It was being said on talksport last night with a Spanish football journalist that apparently Ancelotti has said to Ronaldo he can pick his position where he wants to play and that he won't be asked to track back at all.

Pretty much having the team built around him.

I can't see Ronaldo leaving, if Real get Bale - which it currently looks like they will - they are favourites for the CL in my opinion, and they have one of the best CL managers in the business who's man management is top drawer.

I think Madrid will eventually give in to his wage demands, but I must say that if anything, Real are more likely to pay him what he wants rather than United, that's what I think.

George Hannah said:
I predict it's all gonna kick off with the Bale deal. Ronaldo back to the rags and any or all of Pepe/Coentrao/Di Maria to us I hope. Kolarov, Sinclair and Barry could all make way for our latest recruits. Exciting times!

Why would Real sell Ronaldo?
They finished second in the league last season, and didn't make it to the CL final. It really doesn't seem very clever to then weaken the team by replacing Ronaldo with Bale.
It'll be bale AND Ronaldo roaming down the wings next season me thinks. Question is, will it be Benzema between them two or someone else?

Thing is Ronaldo predominently operates on the left and watching the clips of Bales goals from last season he seemed to score them cutting in from the right. So the person most under threat is Di Maria IMO.

Rammyblues said:
Thing is Ronaldo predominently operates on the left and watching the clips of Bales goals from last season he seemed to score them cutting in from the right. So the person most under threat is Di Maria IMO.

I agree.
I think that's the plan as well ,to make Bale a right sided version of Ronaldo, both very similar in their qualities.
Who'll be between them then Rammy? Will they stick with Benzema?

I would assume Benzema, I heard he is a player that needs to know he will be playing every week, by them selling Higuain almost guarantees that spot for him, but I would also assume that Ronaldo could play up top move Bale to the left and have Di Maria on the right if they wanted to. But I am no tactician. Still bloody formidable which ever way you look at it. Don't forget they have signed Isco as well, if he is going to play a lot he will have to slot in somewhere. There might be others on here who will know how RM are likely to set up.

Matt the Giant said:
George Hannah said:

Why would Real sell Ronaldo?
They finished second in the league last season, and didn't make it to the CL final. It really doesn't seem very clever to then weaken the team by replacing Ronaldo with Bale.
It'll be bale AND Ronaldo roaming down the wings next season me thinks. Question is, will it be Benzema between them two or someone else?
I take your point about Ronaldo but if they don't sell him then a big clear out is imminent. Ancellotti has already said he thinks Kaka is too slow. I thought Suarez or Kun were destined for Madrid as well but if Tranny stays where are they gonna get the cash? Surely the Spanish government can't continue as their overdraft banker?

Rammyblues said:
I would assume Benzema, I heard he is a player that needs to know he will be playing every week, by them selling Higuain almost guarantees that spot for him, but I would also assume that Ronaldo could play up top move Bale to the left and have Di Maria on the right if they wanted to. But I am no tactician. Still bloody formidable which ever way you look at it. Don't forget they have signed Isco as well, if he is going to play a lot he will have to slot in somewhere. There might be others on here who will know how RM are likely to set up.

Media today saying they will go for Suarez as well.
As for Isco I really think he made a poor choice by signing for them. He'll be mainly a sub.
Either way, as you say, they will undoubtedly have the best front three in the world, with Tranny, central striker and Bale. has there ever been a line-up with such pace and fire power?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.