It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would personally play this, which I think is our strongest and most balanced side (if we sign the players we are supposed to)

Ederson
Walker kompany Otamendi mendy
Dinho
KDB silva
Sane Aguero Sanchez

Subs: bravo, yaya, kolarov, gundogan, B silva, Sterling, Jesus
I'm willing to bet you a hundred pound on behalf of @Tevez City that by December your opinion of who should start at right wing would have changed.

B. Silva would not only start, but by December I guarantee you'd whine if Pep doesn't start him :-)

You've got to adjust your mentality to the big teams mate.

Firstly, the issues at Bayern that you're highlighting right now: guess what, none of those players were crying about anything when Pep was there.

Secondly, Pep has always been able to keep players happy. I don't remember anybody except Zlatan (who was out right frozen out from the squad) complaining about game time. Same with Nolito.

Thirdly, you overestimate the pedigree of Sane, Sterling, Jesus in our team. I fully appreciate that they're top drawer talent, and that compared to the rest of our squad as well as compared to the rest of the PL they look pretty good. But face the fact that these kids would be on the Bench at any of Barca, Bayern, and Madrid.

All those squads rely on world class established players who are the age to deliver consistently, not just world class talents like Sane and Sterling who currently can barely last in top form for more than about half the season.

I feel many City fans still haven't come to terms to the size of our club and the ambitions it has. Most are still insecure about how to keep talent happy.

I've never seen the fans of Barca, Bayern, Madrid worrying about player happiness when linked with a world class established player like Sanchez. The same is needed at our club frankly.
When I first joined the forum I was pretty shocked at the rate at which folks would rather pass up the opportunity to sign a world class player because someone might become unhappy. It felt very wierd then but I guess I'm more used to it now. Lol. I think we need to reevaluate our values and priorities. The reason is it would be a waste of time arguing such matters (signing or not signing a Messi for example) with someone who is fine if we end the season in strong second on the table. I'm sure you understand what I mean.

I'm willing to bet you a hundred pound on behalf of @Tevez City that by December your opinion of who should start at right wing would have changed.

B. Silva would not only start, but by December I guarantee you'd whine if Pep doesn't start him :-)
I agree I think people are underestimating the impact that B.Silva will have. Even seen some people putting him on the bench in their line-ups. He will be one of Peps go to players, and a fans favourite by the end of September.

players who are nailed on too start when fit ........Ederson, Walker, Mendy, Kompany, Silva, Sanchez

Toure, Fernandinho, Kolarov will know they are squad players.

only players who I could see whining if they are not in the starting 11 are Sane, Jesus, De Bruyne, Sterling (sterling being no great loss)

Don't see Aguero kicking up a fuss as he has prob been told give it his all next season and we will let him leave next year for Argentina

IMO this is how we will remain being also-rans. Wrong mentality.

Yup same for me too. Too many summers all I've heard is "Can't have a full squad of superstars", "He's going to surprise some on here", and my favorite "He can do a job". Players like Delph, Nolito, Negredo, Navas, Fernando. Not going to take us anywhere. Few more purchases like Toure, Silva or Aguero? No doubt in my mind we would have won more than we have. You buy the best players you can and let them fight it out for places. If some of them aren't up to that then boo fucking hoo.

I agree I think people are underestimating the impact that B.Silva will have. Even seen some people putting him on the bench in their line-ups. He will be one of Peps go to players, and a fans favourite by the end of September.
Yeah. I don't think our fans get how good of a player he is, talk less of how good of a player he is likely to become.

I think Bernardo will feature in the middle as often, if not moreso, as he will on the right.

How many changes did Pep make to the starting 11 last season? (I think it was an average of 3+ players every game?)

We want to WIN all 4 trophies, look at the united game in the league cup last season ! a pathetic effort and out in the fourth round... Imagine if we had the second string of players being touted currently? we'd have steam rolled them with a fresh front 3 ready the premier league that weekend.

I think Bernardo will feature in the middle as often, if not moreso, as he will on the right.
I'll say it again. We've got our new Iniesta in this Bernado lad. I think Sane will feature because he offers something different up top. The person that would have to look over his shoulders is our very own man that plays in the right hand in midfield currently (I feel like I've just sinned; lol). I also think Pep will find a way to balance things like giving KDB a go when Bernado gets tired (he does tire in games probably because of the amount of effort he puts in; hopefully he'd work on overcoming this weakness before the season starts). I also see Pep rotating Sanchez, Sergio and Jesus for 2 roles or if you like Sane, Sergio, Jesus and Sanchez for 3 roles. Can't wait for the new season it's gona be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.