It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our proper fans should realise as he ran us ragged at the Etihad. Outstanding player and still only 22.
43m is a fantastic deal for him.
I want to shake Txiki hand for pulling this signing off. No leaks, no known forewarning, no hasle and at what I believe to be a great price by even my very "stringent" standard.

Yup same for me too. Too many summers all I've heard is "Can't have a full squad of superstars", "He's going to surprise some on here", and my favorite "He can do a job". Players like Delph, Nolito, Negredo, Navas, Fernando. Not going to take us anywhere. Few more purchases like Toure, Silva or Aguero? No doubt in my mind we would have won more than we have. You buy the best players you can and let them fight it out for places. If some of them aren't up to that then boo fucking hoo.
Boom! Top club mentality finally achieved. It seems this is summer.

Ederson/Bravo
Walker/Fernandihno
Mendy/Kolarov
Van Dijk/Otamendi
Kompany/Stones
Gundogan/Yaya
Silva/Gundogan
Debryune/B.Silva
B.Silva/Sterling
Sanchez/Sane
Aguero/Jesus

Its going to be competitive. You have to be ready to compete.

The weakest competition being at fullback.

I feel your pain sire....trust me I've been here a number of times.

I don't think it has to be an 'either or' situation. They will start a lot of games together, I reckon. That's a nice definition you gave there on 'world class'. I'll definitely take it. It's a world class definition.

For sure, just speaking on the best 11 at this moment in time. It can and will most likely always change.

I'm willing to bet you a hundred pound on behalf of @Tevez City that by December your opinion of who should start at right wing would have changed.

B. Silva would not only start, but by December I guarantee you'd whine if Pep doesn't start him :-)

On the right wing? I'll tell you what, £20 charity bet B silva will play predominately in the middle of the pitch?

Agree about the mentality part but counting up we have 19 Foreign players there plus Walker, Stones and Sterling. How does that affect us for PL an CL squads?

For sure, just speaking on the best 11 at this moment in time. It can and will most likely always change.
Sure I know I'm also talking best 11 at this moment and so if I'm going with both players it only means that someone else will miss out slightly. Ok let me put it differently, mine is not so much 'a best 11' but best fit for what i presume Pep would do based on how we played last season and the players we have. There's little that separates these players with respect to proficiency as they have their unique fortes. If we are going to be playing an attacking midfielder flanked by 2 wingers, KDB will probably be the first name on my list. The fact that he had highest number of assists in a season where he played much deeper and was quite inconsistent in a good number of games is testament to the fact that the guy is a genius.

We might just have to wait till the season starts to see what Pep will do. I respect your viewpoint as I do mine.

It's so relieving to remember that I am not the one deciding who starts and who doesn't.

I don't envy Pep. No I don't...haha

Fabinho or someone similar should be one of our priorities this summer. We need a versatile defensive midfielder who can operate at full-back when required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.