It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the need/desire for a squad of world class players (like the very elite clubs) who will fight it out for first team berths and sod them if they aren't up for it.

The problem, in my opinion, is when we have young players with lots of potential who aren't getting game time (and hence want to leave) because there is an older player ahead of them who is currently better, but won't be in a year or two. We currently have a host of great, youngish players who are at the stage of their careers where they need games to improve to reach their potential. If they can't get those games here, they'll go somewhere else.

It might become a question of whether you'd rather Alexis now and no Sane/Sterling/Jesus in a year or two, or no Alexis and all three of those players still at City.

I don't see B Silva playing right side for us much, think he's been mainly signed as rotation for Kev and Dave who were both run into the ground last season.
You ate probably right, but my sense is if all 3 are healthy and playing well, they will all start together. And one of V. Silva or Debryune will start at Right wing while the other starts at attacking mid.

Talent wise, David, Bernado, Jesus, Sanchez and Debryune will be the 5 most naturally talented players on the squad and I think overtime, barring injury or loss of form, they'll all start in big games.

People seem hung up on this keeping players happy lark.

They'll all get plenty of games, as you say those delivering the most will get the most minutes and those struggling to make an impact will next summer become targets for second tier clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal and the Milan clubs if they eventually get their act together.

I imagine the idea is, our squad matches the very best and those falling behind go to the second tier. Much like Sanchez & Ozil went to Arsenal & Di Maria went to the rags. We will hopefully be the elite club, we won't be paying clubs to take Nasri and Bony on loan, clubs like Inter & Arsenal will be in a bidding war for our cast offs.

If our front six is Bernardo, Sané, Aguero, Sterling, Jesus & Sanchez and say Bernardo & Aguero don't perform as well, then we can expect a bidding war.
After this summer, gone are the days of desperately trying to shift our shit.
Great post. Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.