It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bonucci thread should be reopened

Not sure why we abandoned that one, there's been several events related to Bonucci this year that give reason to suggest he might leave (the fallout with Allegri, his wife implying he might think again if given another chance by Guardiola) and his name keeps being brought up as being a target by City even to this day by publications in Italy and at home.

My thinking is, sure Bonucci is a bit of a long shot, but Marti Perarnau identified him as being a key/number 1 target for Pep last year and if we remain interested in Sandro I'd imagine we remain interested in Bonucci, as the media suggests.

Ultimately, if VVD's off to the dippers, we weren't as interested in him as perhaps we all thought. That's a fact. But at the same time we aren't in the mood to take any gambles and it seems obvious to me that we have confidence of getting an even better option in the position, or at least one more cost effective to rotate among Stones, Vinny and Nico.

Not sure why we abandoned that one, there's been several events related to Bonucci this year that give reason to suggest he might leave (the fallout with Allegri, his wife implying he might think again if given another chance by Guardiola) and his name keeps being brought up as being a target by City even to this day by publications in Italy and at home.

My thinking is, sure Bonucci is a bit of a long shot, but Marti Perarnau identified him as being a key/number 1 target for Pep last year and if we remain interested in Sandro I'd imagine we remain interested in Bonucci, as the media suggests.

Ultimately, if VVD's off to the dippers, we weren't as interested in him as perhaps we all thought. That's a fact. But at the same time we aren't in the mood to take any gambles and it seems obvious to me that we have confidence of getting an even better option in the position, or at least one more cost effective to rotate among Stones, Vinny and Nico.

Not sure how you can claim that.

Not sure how you can claim that.

Simple. If he's a legitimate target for us, we would be offering incentives above and beyond what an FSG-enabled Klopp would. City and Pep naturally provide a more attractive package for players too. It's only June 4th, so for a decision to have come so early into the window makes it likely that City weren't as interested as we imagined.

For the record, Sam Lee suggested City perhaps didn't put a bid on him at all. So there's that.

Edit: Just to add, the one who broke the news two days ago (Andrew Heaton, editor of TAW) also claims City weren't that interested but VVD's people used it to force the dipper's hand.

Simple. If he's a legitimate target for us, we would be offering incentives above and beyond what an FSG-enabled Klopp would. City and Pep naturally provide a more attractive package for players too. It's only June 4th, so for a decision to have come so early into the window makes it likely that City weren't as interested as we imagined.

For the record, Sam Lee suggested City perhaps didn't put a bid on him at all. So there's that.
Even so, not every player we would want is a guaranteed signature, that is simply folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.