It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
What CB out there is logical and would fit in? Bonucci and Laporte said no last year. Van Dijk is a no, Hernandez from Atletico seems off as they have a transfer ban and it seems all the players have too much respect for Simeone and the club to leave under those circumstances, can't see any defender coming from PSG/Real/Bayern. Jonathan Tah?

Depends if you want an established CB you'd have a hard time finding one if you want a young talented one there is plenty out there.

The entire defence is connected. Ederson is all but done . Not getting Van Dijk would be a blow, certainly (and by the way, just as I said yesterday that I'd believe we'd got him when the ink is actually drying, I'll only believe the dippers have got him when the ink is drying, there's a cart load of rumours flying around), but it would be much more of a blow if we don't get another top class central defender in and, above all, if we fail to get our other targets, i.e. Walker and Mendy. Stones and Otamendi looked ropey partly because of who they had behind them, and who they had on either side of them. None of them had any confidence in or understanding with the others. Ederson/Mendy/Walker would soften the blow of not getting VVD considerably. And as for the latter prospect, let's all stay calm for the minute, and not be manipulated by a bunch of journos.

Depends if you want an established CB you'd have a hard time finding one if you want a young talented one there is plenty out there.

Agree there which is why I mentioned Tah, who is a young CB who is beginning to establish himself, would still cost a lot. If Kompany can stay fit enough to just play important games this season at least then I feel we only need a young CB but capable CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.