It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even so, not every player we would want is a guaranteed signature, that is simply folly.

Agreed, not every signing is. I never said otherwise. I was only talking about this signing and there is evidence, see also my edit above about Andrew Heaton, we weren't in on him at all.

Simple. If he's a legitimate target for us, we would be offering incentives above and beyond what an FSG-enabled Klopp would. City and Pep naturally provide a more attractive package for players too. It's only June 4th, so for a decision to have come so early into the window makes it likely that City weren't as interested as we imagined.

For the record, Sam Lee suggested City perhaps didn't put a bid on him at all. So there's that.

Alternatively he might not have fancied us or Pep ? We won't get them all,that is of course we were ever in for him,but as I've said loads of times at the end of last season,there won't only be us adding strength to their ranks this summer,now a bit of realism may kick in to the naive posters on here eh ?

Alternatively he might not have fancied us or Pep ? We won't get them all,that is of course we were ever in for him,but as I've said loads of times at the end of last season,there won't only be us adding strength to their ranks this summer,now a bit of realism may kick in to the naive posters on here eh ?

I think most didn't expect our rivals to sit on their hands and let us blow them away this summer. VVD, Salah and potentially Keita and more presents an extremely good window for the dippers and I certainly do expect tough competition from them next season.

That said, I feel Pep knows what to do to succeed and we'll get the men we need to do so. Bernardo Silva took us all by surprise simply by how much we all wanted him but how little we all thought we needed him. Pep has his own ideas, I don't think it's unfair to say VVD might not be one of them.

So VVD is off, Sanchez went from 3/1 to 8/1, Ederson still isn't official, and RM bid £114 for Mbappe! Panic!

Looks like another fun summer on bluemoon is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.