It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
ssn believes :)we are close to signing Bertrand from Southampton, saying mendy is too expensive so switched to bertrand
Suprised me this surely we are not going to be put off by 40m Euros Mendy is 22 and a serious upgrade on Bertrand, maybe its just smoke to hurry up negotiations ...unless they are to sign both!

ssn believes :)we are close to signing Bertrand from Southampton, saying mendy is too expensive so switched to bertrand

It's fake mate, Mendy is still the number 1 target. Sky make up rumours to make people bet on sky bet, remember varane to Man Utd? LOL

Accoring to SSN, we've given up on Mendy and are close to signing Ryan Bertrand instead, and will pay him over £100k a week.

"if" true, it would be a big mistake if we do this ....sometimes you just got to pay up! Fullback is by far the weakness position and teams know this, it would be the wrong time for us to get cheap. Only way we winning the prem back is by getting our targets especially at fullback. This would be a big drop off in talent..

Sky are the only ones reporting this, yeah definitely not happening. Sky should get reported for exploiting the market.

Bertrand is not any better than Clichy or Kolarov.

Mendy could be a top left back for the next 6 years whereas Bertrand has only a couple more years in him before he starts to decline.

Accoring to SSN, we've given up on Mendy and are close to signing Ryan Bertrand instead, and will pay him over £100k a week.
SSN = lol! Bertrand is a good player but Mendy is already far superior. It's like saying we wanted filet mignon but ended up with some frozen crap from Iceland.

Sky also just said that Bayern Munich are interested in Lukaku. Why would they be interested in someone who hadn't got a first touch when they have got Lewandowski? I remember a few weeks ago they said that Juventus are interested in Conte returning to them.

They just talk shite all the time to make gullible people bet on Sky bet.

off top of my head we didnt concede too many goals or lose games
not best on the ball though who ever scouted him i worry about

You're right, he's not the greatest on the ball, and like all centre halfs he drops the odd clanger, but sometimes it's square pegs for square holes. Up against an aggressive physical striker he could do a job. One of the things that pissed me off most last season was the way Ota was brushed off by Costa for chelseas equaliser at ours. That wouldn't have happened with Mangler, and it could be argued that it was a pivotal point in our season.
The previous season, CL against PSG, watch big nose over the 2 legs - avoids Mangler like the plague. I'd like to see him get another chance rather than let him go at a big loss.

You're right, he's not the greatest on the ball, and like all centre halfs he drops the odd clanger, but sometimes it's square pegs for square holes. Up against an aggressive physical striker he could do a job. One of the things that pissed me off most last season was the way Ota was brushed off by Costa for chelseas equaliser at ours. That wouldn't have happened with Mangler, and it could be argued that it was a pivotal point in our season.
The previous season, CL against PSG, watch big nose over the 2 legs - avoids Mangler like the plague. I'd like to see him get another chance rather than let him go at a big loss.

No, Mangala doesn't get outmuscled but he gets outthought constantly. Doesn't follow runners, doesn't anticipate and doesn't follow the backline. He'd do well in a Mourinho team who set up deep to defend for ninety minutes but he is most certainly not a square peg in a square hole in a team which plays attacking, possession based football with a high line.

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's a case of absence making the heart grow fonder but Mangala is just nowhere near good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.