It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post one single article from the general media that praises Otamendi's performances as a Manchester City player and I'll gladly say you're right.

But unless you've got no friends who are fans of other clubs, you know full well his reputation is in the gutter.
In the gutter!
You know you normally post decent stuff and I enjoy reading your contribution but on this occasion you are talking bollocks.

A couple of things, one is that the nature of City's defense is that defenders get exposed a bit more than elsewhere, second is that it often takes neutrals and opposing fans a lot longer to see the virtues of defensive players rather than attacking players particularly when they have a slightly dodgy start and get a reputation. A personal opinion is that he has improved a lot

My argument is not about how good he is or isn't, it's that his reputation has gone down hill significantly since joining us.

In the gutter!
You know you normally post decent stuff and I enjoy reading your contribution but on this occasion you are talking bollocks.

He's seen as a complete joke, an awful defender who is always about to have a calamity and a dreadful transfer. You might not think that's fair, or accurate, but that's what people think. It's what pundits think, it's what the general public thinks and it's what Journalists say.

I would say that's in the gutter compared to the La Liga TOTY defender we signed who was pursued by several other clubs.

You must have non-city supporting friends. Go ask them what they think of Otamendi as a signing.

I'd be amazed if Otto was sold for anything more than 35m. Considering our record of offloading players for market value I'd expect us to be lucky to get 25/30m. A loan with us paying half his wages seems about right..

That makes no sense at all.

Madrid apparently want Otamendi, City's best defender this season.
City want Southampton's second best defender this year.

That one is valued twice as high as the other doesn't make sense. Especially when you consider the buying and selling clubs.
We bought one of the most sought after centre backs in Spain for £34 million, he's played nearly every game in two seasons and is now wanted by Madrid, our own fans are somehow valuing him at half of a lad who's had a good 7-10 months at Southampton and 12 caps for an appaulling national side.

As I've said, I'm not Otamendi's biggest fan. But Madrid seem to be and I don't get how anyone can rate VVD far higher than Otamendi.

I'd be amazed if Otto was sold for anything more than 35m. Considering our record of offloading players for market value I'd expect us to be lucky to get 25/30m. A loan with us paying half his wages seems about right..
I think you've nailed it regarding our business selling players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.