It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest. We all know pretty much f all when it comes to players potential and best positions.

I'd love to see all of our respective thoughts prior to the signings of Toure, Kompany, Zaba, Barry etc and see how many of us actually called what role they'd play and how effective they'd be for us.

Sit back, enjoy the ride...and stop thinking you know how good they'll be, and in what position they'll be best, because history would suggest we've probably got no elfin idea.

apologies for any offence...I've had more than one bottle of Malbec.

Let's be honest. We all know pretty much f all when it comes to players potential and best positions.

I'd love to see all of our respective thoughts prior to the signings of Toure, Kompany, Zaba, Barry etc and see how many of us actually called what role they'd play and how effective they'd be for us.

Because I have a lot of time on my hands right now, I thought I'd have a quick snoop. Just a couple of gems from bygone windows...

Pre-transfer comments on Yaya:

a poor man's Vincent Kompany

He isn`t in the same class as a fully fit Michael Essien though.

Yaya seems to be just another 'pass it sideways and give it back to the geezer yer got it from' mercant. We want and need better than Yaya.

I seem to be in a minority here. I see Yaya Toure as a good defensive midfielder but his distribution is laboured, telegraphed and often inaccurate. He is most definitely not the man to transform our midfield creativity.

I'd be disappointed if he ended up with us.

Quotes on Zabba from 2009:

I would sell him. Not that good and I think we can get better, and probably will, in January.

I really like Zabba, but i'd probably let him go if we could get someone like Maicon or an upcoming world beater.

On Kompany, 2009:

My god are some people stupid. Kompany was bought as a midfielder and will stay as a fucking midfielder.

The names have been removed because I don't want anyone feeling like they're being singled out but I think most of them are still active members.

It's part of the fun of the speculation though, isn't it? I think we all know that nothing is a dead certainty in football even if some nauseatingly act like they're geniuses who are ahead of their time. I mean, I thought Bony and Bravo would be excellent signings for fucks sake.

And it looks like everyone rated Gareth Barry.

Think it was Pep who pulled Kimmich out of the lower league?

You are correct. There's a really good article by Kimmich on the Player's Tribune for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing. No mention of Pep but he does go into his slow start with Stuttgart's academy. Seems a top bloke.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theplayerstribune.com/joshua-kimmich-bayern-munich/amp/

I'd love it if Pep brought us Kimmich like he gave Bayern Thiago but I just don't see it happening.

Edit: not sure if link works, posting from phone

Think it was Pep who pulled Kimmich out of the lower league?

You are correct. There's a really good article by Kimmich on the Player's Tribune for anyone who's interested in that sort of thing. No mention of Pep but he does go into his slow start with Stuttgart's academy. Seems a top bloke.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theplayerstribune.com/joshua-kimmich-bayern-munich/amp/

I'd love it if Pep brought us Kimmich like he gave Bayern Thiago but I just don't see it happening.

Edit: not sure if link works, posting from phone

It wasn't Pep who discovered Kimmich, but Michael Reshke, who is the Bayern head of scouting and convinced Pep to go see him a few times until he had a good game and Pep agreed he wanted him.

I like how angry people are getting before the transfer window is even open.

It's all good fun isn't it?

Quite sad actually, to see the thread descending into personal insults and bitterness when it's still fucking March. The only surprise is the hasn't been a #TxikiOut or #Fraudiola rant yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.