It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't Pep who discovered Kimmich, but Michael Reshke, who is the Bayern head of scouting and convinced Pep to go see him a few times until he had a good game and Pep agreed he wanted him.

Regardless, Pep was responsible for Kimmich being brought in. Credit to Reshke but it's very rare that the manager is entirely responsible for the identification and scouting of each individual young player.

Regardless, Pep was responsible for Kimmich being brought in. Credit to Reshke but it's very rare that the manager is entirely responsible for the identification and scouting of each individual young player.

No, it was Reshke, Bayern brought in players Pep didn't want (Gotze being the prime example) and Kimmich was such a promising German player I'm sure they would have done so again. That lack of control is one of the reasons he left, afterall.

Pep did very well to coach Kimmich and use him when nobody expected him to go from 2nd division to one of Bayern's players of the season, but he gets none of the credit for bringing him to the club, only for what happened after that.

No, it was Reshke, Bayern brought in players Pep didn't want (Gotze being the prime example) and that lack of control is one of the reasons he left. Pep did very well to coach Kimmich and use him but he gets none of the credit for bringing him to the club.

Even though, in your words, Pep agreed with Reshke and clearly rated him from the start point?

"One of the greatest clubs in football wanted me? A few weeks later, I would hear it directly from the manager, as I sat down in a conference room at Bayern’s offices waiting to meet Pep Guardiola.

All I knew about Pep was from what I had seen on TV. I was so nervous, but as he walked in, I felt it right away — that trust. And immediately I knew: I wanted to play for Bayern. Pep spoke to me about my strengths and my weaknesses, and how he wanted to help me become a better player by learning a different style of play.

I felt like Pep and Bayern had seen something in me, and I wanted to show them that they weren’t wrong."

Regardless of whether or not Bayern would have signed him without the approval of Pep, it's pretty obvious that we wouldn't be talking about Kimmich right now without his input as a coach and manager so I'll still give him credit.

Enough of this pedantry!

That's right. Pep was responsible for coaching and playing Kimmich so much that he developed into a German international. Pep gave Kimmich a lot of help and confidence, so I would not be surprised if Kimmich holds Pep highly.

f36a7803aebcf612c43ba3c275876083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.