It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I have a lot of time on my hands right now, I thought I'd have a quick snoop. Just a couple of gems from bygone windows...

Pre-transfer comments on Yaya:

Quotes on Zabba from 2009:

On Kompany, 2009:

The names have been removed because I don't want anyone feeling like they're being singled out but I think most of them are still active members.

It's part of the fun of the speculation though, isn't it? I think we all know that nothing is a dead certainty in football even if some nauseatingly act like they're geniuses who are ahead of their time. I mean, I thought Bony and Bravo would be excellent signings for fucks sake.

And it looks like everyone rated Gareth Barry.

Wow, the total lack of respect for a former Barcelona regular in 2010 haha! I imagine they all thought we would be signing all the big names and seen Yaya as a dissapointment but reality struck. I don't even want to see the Silva comments! Too small, too slow, weak, can't handle the hard British boys.

Because I have a lot of time on my hands right now, I thought I'd have a quick snoop. Just a couple of gems from bygone windows...

Pre-transfer comments on Yaya:

Quotes on Zabba from 2009:

On Kompany, 2009:

The names have been removed because I don't want anyone feeling like they're being singled out but I think most of them are still active members.

It's part of the fun of the speculation though, isn't it? I think we all know that nothing is a dead certainty in football even if some nauseatingly act like they're geniuses who are ahead of their time. I mean, I thought Bony and Bravo would be excellent signings for fucks sake.

And it looks like everyone rated Gareth Barry.
Nice work

It's fun, but it's the fact people are so adamant, they end up abusing others on here that I find strange.

I too thought Bony and Bravo would be excellent (still haven't given up on Bravo), and I was very excited at the prospect we were going to land Pogbad as the natural heir to Toure. I thought Mangler was the missing piece to defensive greatness.

My inclusion of Barry wasn't so much rating him, but my recollection is that he was very much an attacking mid at Villa, and I doubt people thought he'd end up playing the role he did so well for us.

In a nutshell, I clearly know f all, and I'm not in a minority, and so doubt I'd abuse a fellow poster on their thoughts re potential signings and whether they'd be any good and in what position.

I told anyone who would listen that Kompany was a centre back when Hughes used him in midfield
Good for you...and how about the others?

;-)

It eventually dawned on all of us I think, before it happened permanently...but he was signed as a midfielder, and there were probably heated debates about whether he was too expensive, the fact we should have bought numerous others instead, whether he'd be better off used as a striker etc etc. ;-)

Nice work

It's fun, but it's the fact people are so adamant, they end up abusing others on here that I find strange.

I too thought Bony and Bravo would be excellent (still haven't given up on Bravo), and I was very excited at the prospect we were going to land Pogbad as the natural heir to Toure. I thought Mangler was the missing piece to defensive greatness.

My inclusion of Barry wasn't so much rating him, but my recollection is that he was very much an attacking mid at Villa, and I doubt people thought he'd end up playing the role he did so well for us.

In a nutshell, I clearly know f all, and I'm not in a minority, and so doubt I'd abuse a fellow poster on their thoughts re potential signings and whether they'd be any good and in what position.
Fuck all natural about his hair ;-)

Nice work

Brilliant post

True. Read yesterday on the BBC website, if January was the start of the season Everton would be too of the table right now.
If we had continued like we started the season we would be getting ready for a big celebration. Years ago there was a standard text called "How to lie with statistics"
I hesitate to put too much faith in most of this Opta stuff. Barkley has had a good season but not twice as good as Sterling.

f36a7803aebcf612c43ba3c275876083.jpg

Bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.