It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought he was World Class, said that at the time, so it's not that unusual to me no.

Look at Torres, his decline from one of the most lethal Premier League strikers to misser of open nets probably happened quicker.

Ter Stegen, who is having a good season at Barca and is considered world class, has conceded 81 goals in 85 games for them. Bravo conceded 44 goals in 75 games.

Sticking just to La Liga, Bravo let in 41 goals in 69 games (.594 goals per game), and kept 39 clean sheets (56.52% of games). Meanwhile, Ter Stegen has conceded
31 goals in 36 games (.861 goals per game) and kept only 15 clean sheets (41.66% of games).

Bravo was a world class keeper by any metric. Why did things go sour at City? A contributing factor has to be his lack of English, as on numerous occasions, including against Hull, he has been found his defense inappropriately positioned for him to deal with threats. The rest is mentality, he needs a break, perhaps a fresh start elsewhere, and a chance to find his old form.

I'm not certain that all chances are created equal. The chances we do concede seem to be of an unusually high quality. Some stats do seek to quantify this, the PL site has something called "Big chances missed", but it's going to end up extremely subjective.

I think when people complain about how easily we are opened up, it's more than just chances conceded anyway. Teams slice through us very quickly and even when we have the opposing team's players surrounded it always feels like they're able to craft a hint of a chance out of it. We make hard work of a lot of easy work even if we are able to ultimately not concede a chance. I think you pay for that in a lot of non quantifiable ways in terms of work rate, ability to counter on your own, etc.

In any case, we are far too succeptible to fairly pedestrian crosses and cut backs. I would agree that the GK position has a large role to play in where the stats are but I do think we could do a better job of defending both the actual danger and the "pre-danger", if you will, neutering teams sooner so we can conserve more energy for attack and closing down up the pitch.

Ter Stegen, who is having a good season at Barca and is considered world class, has conceded 81 goals in 85 games for them. Bravo conceded 44 goals in 75 games.

Sticking just to La Liga, Bravo let in 41 goals in 69 games (.594 goals per game), and kept 39 clean sheets (56.52% of games). Meanwhile, Ter Stegen conceded
31 goals in 36 games (.861 goals per game) and kept only 15 clean sheets (41.66% of games).

Bravo was a world class keeper by any metric. Why did things go sour at City? A contributing factor has to be his lack of English, as on numerous occasions, including against Hull, he has been found his defense inappropriately positioned for him to deal with threats. The rest is mentality, he needs a break, perhaps a fresh start elsewhere, and a chance to find his old form.
Precisely, and in my opinion I'd wager the player himself wants that.

The club and he will cut their losses, my friendly wager still stands if anyone wants it; that we'll have a new number one next season.

the quality and clarity with what TH is coming out with is going to lead to one exciting summer....

• Ederson (GK)
  • Heinrichs
  • fabihno
  • sanchez, mbappe, griezman (thought TH has said that utd and boxed him off previously but maybe we have decided to join the party) - all as attacking options and we want at least two out of the three
  • potentially danny rose from spurs and/or ballerin from Arsenal
  • Isco - icing on the cake????
  • centre halves - bonnucci laporte, VVD..any two out of the three?????
even if one or two of those don't come off we will still be greatly improved from what we have now

I could take not getting isco for instance

Very hard to separate the two Dax.
Well, perhaps I should say in comparison to those around us. Perhaps we give up more blatant chances than other teams, I can't be sure. But the stats suggest our save to shots is not on per with most of our rivals. Liverpool bein the other poor team.

Precisely, and in my opinion I'd wager the player himself wants that.

The club and he will cut their losses, my friendly wager still stands if anyone wants it; that we'll have a new number one next season.

I'm not sure one way or the other, but it's hard to deny we'll bring in a new GK (and Ederson Moraes seems pretty nailed on right now) in the summer. What remains is a decision between Willy and Claudio for who sticks around.

Bravo, despite being world class, was only ever a quick fix anyway, certainly the club seems to have learned it's lesson on this and will be going all-in this transfer window.

I'm not sure one way or the other, but it's hard to deny we'll bring in a new GK (and Ederson Moraes seems pretty nailed on right now) in the summer. What remains is a decision between Willy and Claudio for who sticks around.

Bravo, despite being world class, was only ever a quick fix anyway, certainly the club seems to have learned it's lesson on this and will be going all-in this transfer window.
Since Willy is already out of contract, if o were to guess, I'd guess Bravo would definitely be here next season as a backup.

That makes you think though, will Ederson struggle like Bravo? He probably only speaks Portuguese, he's young too

I do worry slightly about the front line being crowded, though. We hve seen how much martial and rashford over in trafford have stagnated this year, i dont want the same thing to happen to sane and sterling by effectively having a brand new front 3. Also, where does it leave sancho and diaz?
Don't think that is as big a worry here, while Maureen is afraid to rotate his squad, I don't think Guardiola has named an unchanged line up once this season. Still need to be wary of unbalancing the squad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.