It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather have Aubameyang, if people on here think Sergio is missing too many chances it would be fucking priceless on the match threads when he misses sitter after sitter.

to say id be unhappy with either would be wrong.....both are great players so lets see what happens....id rather keep sergio and have one of those as well but a lot on here better placed don't think that is possible....

there is another way to look at this .

WHEN we have to defend we are shit....we don't have to do it a lot cause of the amount of possession that we have....but when we are called to defend it is atrocious and that is a fact. Pep has said it himself....the opposition only need one chance to score and they do, we need to be better in both boxes...constant comments from the manager.....when are defenders and keeper (and in particular bravo) are called into action they fail....Bravo had one shot to stop vs hull......and failed!

Stats don't always tell you the whole picture.

This is why Pep is so obsessed with possession (and rightly so) as when we have the ball the opposition cant score but as soon as they do we are extremely easy to create chances and to score against. Imagine if that weren't the case and that we actually had a keeper and a back of that when we aren't in possession they could actually do their jobs.
The danger is that against the best teams we wont always have the amount of possession so against some teams (and usually in the most important games) we will give away goals and against the likes of chelski that is a recipe of disaster as they can defend

Our defence is shocking ad the goal keeper situation (although Willy has done ok) needs to be rectified. Bravo needs to go end of.
The Barca v Juve game possession stats were quite reminiscent of our struggles, they were hustled off the ball by a taller more physical and hungry team, they were boring to watch and I think the posesion game has been rumbled if the referees don't apply the laws of the game. They were kicked off the park, all sounds very familiar doesn't it, 100 passes to move 4 yards forward and be a gaol down in five passes is like water torture when the refs and the fa are lining up for the Man Ure bonus structure.

Of course and thats my point...We DO give up more blatant chances and that isn't a goalkeeper issue. Some shots are much more likely to go past a keeper than others. If the defense is allowing a higher percentage of one on ones and point blank shots those the save per shots numbers are going to be skewed. If the only shots the defense gave up were outside the box, Bravo would be considered a God on here.
I will search for stats that distinguishes better. I know there is a site that shows goals conceded from all the different points. I'm not sure I've seen one that includes shots though. Bit I bet those stats exist.

Evening all! Being a lazy bastard who doesn't want to read through all the pages any new juicy info from tolm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.