It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need striker or any kind of goal scorer like now or we risk to repeat the next season all over. YOu guys can wank over aguero as long as you want but he needs 5 chances to score the goal and that is not happening since yesterday. only the ability of this team to create mayhem of chances keep his goal scoring record high, he wouldn't score 15 in rags team. And if Jesus was ever clinical, it looks we may have had trained that out of him.

won't create this amount of chances each game probably, spurs were suicidal with that high defensive line and played right into hands of one of the fastest teams on the earth, but we'll create plenty of them. Some of the football we play is out of this world and we'll have chances. If we continue to be as wasteful as tonight and on many days last season though, we'll suffer on fairly few occasions and ruin something that has potential to be one of the best football teams ever.

Now heading to bed to avoid a load of abuse because Kun, legend, record and stuff.
This has to be said - you son are a shit-sprouting dick who really hasn't got a clue. Answer the question this time, as I have asked you before - to the nearest one, how many City games have you EVER been to? I have heard some shite uttered at City matches but never close to your absurd level

This has to be said - you son are a shit-sprouting dick who really hasn't got a clue. Answer the question this time, as I have asked you before - to the nearest one, how many City games have you EVER been to? I have heard some shite uttered at City matches but never close to your absurd level

Amen mate, he spouts shite over every thread

we need striker or any kind of goal scorer like now or we risk to repeat the next season all over. YOu guys can wank over aguero as long as you want but he needs 5 chances to score the goal and that is not happening since yesterday. only the ability of this team to create mayhem of chances keep his goal scoring record high, he wouldn't score 15 in rags team. And if Jesus was ever clinical, it looks we may have had trained that out of him.

won't create this amount of chances each game probably, spurs were suicidal with that high defensive line and played right into hands of one of the fastest teams on the earth, but we'll create plenty of them. Some of the football we play is out of this world and we'll have chances. If we continue to be as wasteful as tonight and on many days last season though, we'll suffer on fairly few occasions and ruin something that has potential to be one of the best football teams ever.

Now heading to bed to avoid a load of abuse because Kun, legend, record and stuff.

Id stay in bed for at least a week after that!

Really? Biggest goal tally in a season last year.. yup he is so downhill. He is lethal and still will be.
Yeah true. But the amount of sitters etc you'd expect him to bury was jut worrying. He's one of the world elite. If he'd have been hitting them it would have been 40 or 45 goals in the season. You wouldnt expect suarez to miss those. For example vs Monaco, now I am not pinning it on him. The entire team was at fault and missing chances. But you'd hope someone of his calibre would have taken the chance and got us through to the quarters.

Amen mate, he spouts shite over every thread
I am not sure yet that Mbappe will ever be as good as Sergio, because after < 20 games in a poor league it's way too early to say, but I can say for sure that Sergio is still as good as he ever was, and is by some distance the best striker City have ever had since I started watching in the early 60's. He hits the post twice in a pre season friendly and is now not up to it? Someone remind that clown of Sergio goals/minutes ratio, including last season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2016

This says that last season as a team we had a 17% chance conversion rate. Only Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton were better.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/405447

This says Aguero's conversion rate went down last season for the first time. He scored 1 in 5 chances, vs

Kane, Lukaku = approx 1 in 3
Sanchez, Costa = approx 1 in 4.

So there is a point there but it looks like it's fairly thin margins across the team.

Aguero is still the most feared striker in the league and with good reason. With the ball at his feet facing goal there's nobody better.

Pep's system places more physical demands on him than he's used to and requires him to often play with his back to goal. I think (just a vague impression so I'm open to being corrected) we also create most of our chances down the flanks now whereas under Pellers and Mancini it used to be a bit more mixed. Maybe this has had an effect on Aguero's conversion rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.