It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what would you have done with our current crop?

I think Zab and Sagna would have been ok for this season, but neither of our left backs have been good enough and that was evident last year. Would have sold Clichy last summer, kept Kolarov as back up/spare centre back and gone balls out for the best available left back in Europe (whoever Pep thought that was).

I hope we get Sanchez deal done....class player that again will give us multiple options across midfield and the front line with Sergio included. Just read that MEN saying Pep says that the club 'have a lot of business to do' and that Le10sport via City_watch suggest we have proposed £100m offer for Mbappe but Monaco have deemed it insufficient. Pep reportedly has asked fir the player.

I know it seems like we are just being linked with forward players at the minute, that might suggest that Pep has already identified his defensive players and has them tied up already

That's got to be tabloid bullshit, £100m for an 18 year old with one good season? Monaco taking the piss if that's true. If we can really blow £100m on one player it should be Bale or Alli, or test Chelsea's cahunas and put in a bid for Hazard.

Think it's true that our initial offer for Mbappe has been rejected, but I'd be amazed if it was as high as the figures being suggested.

Our attack has underperformed this season. Not scored enough, not converted the chances. But it requires tweaking rather than major changes. Even if we didnt sign any attacking players I would expect us to score 20-30 more goals next season simply from the extra production from Jesus and Sane. I dont expect Sterling to ever be a prolific scorer, but I also expect him to steadily increase his goal scoring output. One more striker, someone like Sanchez who can also cover the wide positions would be great.

The defence is the fundamental problem, despite what the stats may say. They might not concede a huge number of goals but that's because our opponents usually only have 30% possession. In those critical games when we are put under pressure, eg at Spurs, Chelsea or Monaco, the defence crumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.