It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is Dybala, Icardi, Ocampo, Vietto, Kranevitter, Correa, they have a few guys. But the old guard is so dominant that its hard to start seeing the young guys yet.
As long as Messi is around, it's quiet for Icardi. Vietto, Kranevitter and Correa need more games and with the first two you wonder how much they will get at Atleti. Especially if Simeone was to leave. Rulli needs to start getting into to consideration is Sergio Ramos is content with being a back up all his life lol. But the Olympic squad the U20's-U17s are all seeing early exits, the AFA is in shambles the domestic league is hurting because of it, it all might come crashing down soon. They need their Tite to make some big decisions quick.

As long as Messi is around, it's quiet for Icardi. Vietto, Kranevitter and Correa need more games and with the first two you wonder how much they will get at Atleti. Especially if Simeone was to leave. Rulli needs to start getting into to consideration is Sergio Ramos is content with being a back up all his life lol. But the Olympic squad the U20's-U17s are all seeing early exits, the AFA is in shambles the domestic league is hurting because of it, it all might come crashing down soon. They need their Tite to make some big decisions quick.

Ramos is a multi talented player I heard, both good in defense and attack, and now backup keeping apparently. ;)

I wasn't saying we did bad last summer but for all the hype about Pep having full control ect and ending up with the same defense as last season with the addition of Stones was very disappointing, i just hope we properly refresh the squad.

But we chased bonnuci last summer as well as Laporte? @tolmie's hairdoo has already stated they wanted the both of them as well?

Again, folks say this but the facts don't back it up.

Our defense gives up fewer chances than anyone other than the Rags. We are on par or better in every defensive category except for saves per goal scored.

However on offense we creates as much as all the others in the top 6 but convert at a lower rate than all but 1.

Defense is not the problem. Sure its the position that has the most players fans don't like or think are dispensible. You have Ota, Kola, Clichy, Sagna, Zab and Kompany. All 6 with legimate claims for why folks want them out. But they have not underperformed relative to the other teams in the top 6. The Goalkeepers though, have.

So if we are being honest and following the stats, improving saves to goals ratio, and figuring out what to do to improve conversion of chances are the 2 biggest problems this season. The 3rd being hustle. As our 3rd weakest stat is percentage of duels won.We are at about 43% while all the others are at 50% or slightly above.

So if we really care about solving actual problems

Simply put if our goalkeeper had made saves at an average of the other 5 we'll be 2 or 3 points behind Chelsea. But if our conversion was on average similar to the others, we will be 5 points clear.

Make of that what you want.
Great post,

I have to agree on all but add that our fullbacks have been in no mans land on many occasions add to that Stones & Otamendi have given bad balls away & been punished but Bravo behind them has been fucking shocking.

Stones has been our best player at the back & only Sterling & Silva can say they have been consistent all season.

Like you say in your post we are loosing far to many duals & never pick up the second ball, the last game I seen us battle & win those was Barcelona & UTD away apart from that it's been bits & pieces.

We are not nasty enough & need a young NDJ in the middle...

Great post,

I have to agree on all but add that our fullbacks have been in no mans land on many occasions add to that Stones & Otamendi have given bad balls away & been punished but Bravo behind them has been fucking shocking.

Stones has been our best player at the back & only Sterling & Silva can say they have been consistent all season.

Like you say in your post we are loosing far to many duals & never pick up the second ball, the last game I seen us battle & win those was Barcelona & UTD away apart from that it's been bits & pieces.

We are not nasty enough & need a young NDJ in the middle...

I dont think we need a NDJ, we just need the self assurance that top quality defenders bring to a team. Our defenders aren't good enough and they play as if they know that.

Agreed..too many people on here dismissing Aguero

This is Aguero we are talking about

You know..AGUERO

One of our all time greatest players/scorers

Has 28 goals in all competitions so far this season (including CL qualifiers)

You know..that guy..the AGUERRRRROOOOO fella

The one you seem to want to push through the door

This.
He's better than Griezmann.

If Kun stays, we don't need to sign any strikers. It's the other end of the pitch we need to sort out.

Aguero is a legend, a world class striker who is settled and loves the club.

Would be fucking mad to get rid. But then we had a world class keeper who loved the club too, hopefully with Kun circumstances are different.

I hope we get Sanchez deal done....class player that again will give us multiple options across midfield and the front line with Sergio included. Just read that MEN saying Pep says that the club 'have a lot of business to do' and that Le10sport via City_watch suggest we have proposed £100m offer for Mbappe but Monaco have deemed it insufficient. Pep reportedly has asked fir the player.

I know it seems like we are just being linked with forward players at the minute, that might suggest that Pep has already identified his defensive players and has them tied up already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.