It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk about Griezman, he's not in the same league as Aguero and I feel it would be a huge mistake by Pep if he see's this as a solution.

Agreed..too many people on here dismissing Aguero

This is Aguero we are talking about

You know..AGUERO

One of our all time greatest players/scorers

Has 28 goals in all competitions so far this season (including CL qualifiers)

You know..that guy..the AGUERRRRROOOOO fella

The one you seem to want to push through the door

Do you think we will have a new number 1 or do you think Bravo will leave? Not necessarily the same thing... I personally think he will be here because unless Pep thinks Gunn is ready to be number two we would need to buy two keepers this summer (assuming we don't extend Willy which I don't think we will).
Both, as I think one feeds into the other; if we get a new number one, he'll want out. As he did at Barca when not assured of major playing time. Doubtful he'll want to revert back to solely a cup 'keeper again.

If a new 'keeper comes in, which most reports indicate one will, one of Bravo and Willy will be gone. And for the reasons I previously stated both practical and financial, I see Bravo being the one going.

It's for the better. It's looking grim past the generation that won gold in the Olympics.

You do wonder what the Argentine side will look like leading up to Qatar 2022.

Brazil look set for the next 10 years with who they have coming through. They are my pick for Russia 2018 for a start.

You do wonder what the Argentine side will look like leading up to Qatar 2022.

Brazil look set for the next 10 years with who they have coming through. They are my pick for Russia 2018 for a start.
There is Dybala, Icardi, Ocampo, Vietto, Kranevitter, Correa, they have a few guys. But the old guard is so dominant that its hard to start seeing the young guys yet.

Apparently we weren't messing about last summer and look what happened...

Touché. GJ and Sane look alright though :). Stones is coming along and Gundo is just as 'up in the air' as I figured he'd be when he signed.

This was always a freeroll year. Any trophy was a bonus IMO.

Agreed..too many people on here dismissing Aguero

This is Aguero we are talking about

You know..AGUERO

One of our all time greatest players/scorers

Has 28 goals in all competitions so far this season (including CL qualifiers)

You know..that guy..the AGUERRRRROOOOO fella

The one you seem to want to push through the door

I see people say this a lot, but can't say I've seen many wanting Aguero to leave.

There are, however, people who think he will leave and believe this is perhaps even unrelated to who we bring in this summer. Think Kun will sit on the bench for Sane-Jesus-Sterling? He didn't react so well the last time that happened and I don't blame him.

I can't imagine any Blue wanting Aguero to leave, but you'd have to admit there's a fairly good chance he himself will want to. All the more so if the club are after Sanchez and/or Mbappe (which, given our inability to consistently convert chances to goals, isn't a stretch)

Apparently we weren't messing about last summer and look what happened...

We had our hands tied by contracts with a year left on them, which will now no longer be the case. Injuries to key signings like Gundogan and Jesus haven't helped either.

A major squad refresh is coming whether we like it or not and I don't think the club will suffice for plugins and piecemeal signings so Pep isn't left short-changed.

I wasn't saying we did bad last summer but for all the hype about Pep having full control ect and ending up with the same defense as last season with the addition of Stones was very disappointing, i just hope we properly refresh the squad.

I wasn't saying we did bad last summer but for all the hype about Pep having full control ect and ending up with the same defense as last season with the addition of Stones was very disappointing, i just hope we properly refresh the squad.
How would you have refreshed the defense last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.