It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
City own a large part of Girona.

Having a club in La Liga is invaluable. Keeping them up will be a major priority. Players like Garcia, Maffeo, etc will finally test themselves against the best in the world. Brilliant move by City to cooperate with Girona.

Indeed. One good season by some of those players on loan could lead to a substantial transfer fee or a potential first team option for us.

So what's the wish list?

For me still a centre half and a striker and a left back (if we can afford a LB). I would still love VVD and Sanchez.

Sell Bony Delph Mangala ( I know a lot of blues like Manga but I think you are all crazy people)

Id be surprised if there weren't anymore ins/outs in the next 17 days though unfortunately I can see it being all in the last few days.

We need to shift some high earners on but if not I hope we can still bring in a centre half of quality.

Why is it we are so bad at recognising a good centre half?

Roberto would improve us the same way Danilo has.

He's a very good player who's been wasted a bit at Barca, but he's brilliant technically, works hard, has the vision to be creative in midfield and understands the kind of game we're trying to play. He's played in loads of formations and loads of positions and does pretty well wherever because he gets the basic principles of that Barca style.

We need these versatile squad players, it's a pretty important step towards changing formations and tactics mid game which is what we'll be doing more and more.

Wouldn't Samper be a much better fit? He seems to be technically better than Roberto and is the perfect age to be moulded by Pep.

Wouldn't Samper be a much better fit? He seems to be technically better than Roberto and is the perfect age to be moulded by Pep.

I don't think he is better technically, but he also doesn't have the versatility or experience.

I think so. I would have liked Roberto as a right-back/inverted right back option but I don't see the need for him after signing Walker and Danilo. I don't see him being that big an upgrade from what we have in midfield. Samper on the other hand has the potential to be truly world class. Would love him here.

He's very average by all accounts, Yaya is still a better player as DM. Adding more (foreign!) dross to the squad would only make further signings more difficult.

Roberto is better, but I don't think he can improve us. He can't play in a pivot role, and we surely don't need any more CMs - giving Foden max possible playing time should be one of Pep's goals this season (and, knowing Pep, it will).

I don't know what you mean by "ought to have", it's not homework!

I appreciate you may have watched him more closely recently but my opinion is based on having seen footage of him behave in ways I've never seen any other footballer behave, every time I've watched him. Diego Costa is rarely sent off: I still consider him a liability.

The build up play point confirms it then.
Certainly isn't homework, but since you presumed he's a psycho still to this date I thought one, at the bare minimum, have to have seen him in the last 6 years to reach that conclusion. Where's the evidence otherwise? That's all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.