It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well from our side: We don't really need Sanchez this moment and are willing to wait because that means a lower price. Our first bid was reported as £45m I believe and we are slowing increasing it.

The closer the end of the window comes the stronger our bargaining position gets. Arsenal probably want £70m+ but will probably have to settle for less given their inferior bargaining postion.

Sanchez hasn't put in a transfer request because he doesn't need to. He made his position clear behind the scenes and has nothing to gain from making it public because he KNOWS Arsenal will sell. Coutinho and VVD know that their respective clubs would prefer to keep them given they both have many years left on their contract and if they don't force a move, the move has zero chance of happening.

Arsenal have just offered the Ox a new bumper contract and are desperately trying to get him to stay. They are in a terrible postion bargaining wise because everyone knows that if Ox, Ozil & Sanchez all see out their contracts, Arsenal will have to spend £150m+ JUST to replace them, how about the additional money needed to improve other positions and the squad in general. They will never spend that kind of the money under Stan & the board.

From City point of view we want anyone who can shoot accurately.
He will get enough chances with our style of football so if a good proportion of his shots are between the sticks we need him.

From City point of view we want anyone who can shoot accurately.
He will get enough chances with our style of football so if a good proportion of his shots are between the sticks we need him.
Sanchez has been prolific for one whole season. Most of his career has been spent as an effective and reliable attacking midfielder.

He's very good but a few people seem to be pinning our entire season on him. Arsenal had him and finished 5th, even shifting him wide where he had way less impact.

I'd be very happy to sign him but we could win the league without him (sign some cover) or lose it with. No certainties.

Sanchez has been prolific for one whole season. Most of his career has been spent as an effective and reliable attacking midfielder.

He's very good but a few people seem to be pinning our entire season on him. Arsenal had him and finished 5th, even shifting him wide where he had way less impact.

I'd be very happy to sign him but we could win the league without him (sign some cover) or lose it with. No certainties.

I agree with your overall message but calling into question your credibility by saying "shifting him out wide, where he had way less impact" - he's a winger, he plays out wide. If anything they shifted him to the centre and he was pretty equally effective in both.

Also 428 career appearances, 144 goals, 101 assists is possibly a bit better than 'reliable' aha!

Well after a snippet something big was afoot it has gone a little disappointingly quiet. The squad still need cover for left back, centre half and a striker that can hit that big white thing and not row z, the post or keeper.

I'd offer 10m for Kane, then have Girona offer 11m, then Melbourne City offer 12m, then NYCFC offer 13m and finally Yokohama offer 14m ....then us again, etc ...just to waste their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.