It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a brave man. Some people don't realise confidence is subjective and you'll no doubt be in for it if it doesn't happen!

I couldn't give a shit, to be frank, bud.

I'm sure City's confidence ebbs and flows on a weekly basis, too.

Difference is, only the people at the very top are in possession of all the true facts.

Everything else is just background noise, even my great tunes ;)

why do fans actually care about how much players cost, we cant make city spend less on players,

city identified a player and get that player for however much he costs , no matter what bluesingh,peacefrog,riot club,ect ect say.

what matters is will that player improve us,if he does the money doent matter,sanchez would be an upgrade on most(attacking) players in the prem

I care. Perhaps I shouldn't but I don't like paying 2x as much for players compared to Bayern Munich or Barcelona. I don't like spending 10x the amount for the same results as someone else. I think it actually matters. It makes awards and recognition for our players less forthcoming which affects both they value and their confidence on the pitch IMO, and it adds a suffocating pressure to some players which they can't handle. Mangala, for example, is a player who I think would have been incredible at £20m, but the public pressure from both crowds and press about his massive fee got to him, and magnified every mistake.

Some players will cope anyway, but others can have very promising City careers killed by it.

I also think the noveau riche tag which comes with that excess spending effects foreign players perception of us when we come calling for a transfer.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with spending. I don't care if we spend 300m this summer, I just want it to be at a decent value.

If we spend loads more than anyone else, we should be miles better.

Last edited:
Even more confident on Sanchez and Mbappe than last week!

Surly This means sergio or iheanacho are out we cant possibly fit all of Jesus,Sanchez,Mbappe,iheanacho,Sane,Sterling into the squad without some one getting pushed to the bench every other game without waves being made?

Chelsea have spent almost as much as us!

And Spurs only balance their books because they manage to get income from player sales, like Chelsea, and unlike we seem to be able to.

But it's all about beating the top 2, and to do that we have to buy players better than the ones they have, or will buy. Otherwise we scrap for 4th with the scousers and rags again. And nobody wants that, least of all Sheikh Mansour's, Khaldoon and Pep.
Chelsea have spent a lot less than us since the last title win and Spurs have spent a lot less than them.

I'm really struggling to come up with a valuation on Nacho. Surely couldn't be sub 30 mil incl add ons?

Selling Nacho doesn't make financial sense to me right now because as an asset he's going to be massively undervalued. As Kelechi Iheanacho, occasional supersub for Man City he's not going to be worth more than 10-15m if we get a buyer who sees his potential.

If we secure him a good loan, particularly in the PL though, he could have a season like Lukaku's with West Brom or Everton and legitimately be worth £30m - or even more importantly, he could be worth bringing back in.

There's a lot more to Iheanacho's game then he's really been able to show in the fleeting league appearances he's had.

We saw in some of the cup games last year (against premier league opposition) that there's a real playmaking side to him as well, and when he did get an extended run in the team last season we saw in games like the Southampton one he can put them in from 25 yards if needed.

Selling him now would be like Chelsea selling De Bruyne for £17m in 2014. Seems ok until he's bought for 3x that much a year later.

If we buy Sanchez and sell Nolito then that's a massive upgrade. If we buy Sanchez and sell Aguero then have we really improved? Have we gotten any closer to being a world class team? Not significantly because we'll still only have three 20-a-season players (I'm counting Sané and Jesus there).

I care. Perhaps I shouldn't but I don't like paying 2x as much for players compared to Bayern Munich or Barcelona. I don't like spending 10x the amount for the same results as someone else.

If we spend loads more than anyone else, we should be miles better.
I agree to an extent.
Spending poorly,and unnecessarilly,makes us look clueless,unprofesssional and arrogant - it also provides extra ammunition for our numerous detractors,so yes,its definitely an area we can improve on,but,saying that......as long as the right calibre of player does arrive......neither will i be losing any sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.