It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't give a shit, to be frank, bud.

I'm sure City's confidence ebbs and flows on a weekly basis, too.

Difference is, only the people at the very top are in possession of all the true facts.

Everything else is just background noise, even my great tunes ;)

Great tunes is s t r e t c h i n g it.

To sign both Sanchez and Mbappe, even if we sold Sergio and Nacho to help fund it, would be incredible business (so long as Sergio goes abroad for big money).

Intent is one thing; pulling it off another. It is time though for City to make the kind of summer splash that would make Typhoon Lagoon look like a damp squib.

It surely will. Certain players will take a short term hit to get onboard project Pep, but others like Sanchez and Bonucci won't necessarily want to lose a year at the elite level due to age.

You're underestimating the fact that we have one of, if not, the best managers in the world and when pep comes calling players sit up and take notice. A year out of the CL makes little to no difference if in the grand scheme of things you get to work with someone of peps calibre someone who will improve you massively as a player.

Would love Sanchez but it seems an impossible task fitting him in with KDB, Aguero, Sterling, Silva, Jesus, Sane etc who will all want to play every week.

You're underestimating the fact that we have one of, if not, the best managers in the world and when pep comes calling players sit up and take notice. A year out of the CL makes little to no difference if in the grand scheme of things you get to work with someone of peps calibre someone who will improve you massively as a player.

I'm not underestimating it at all. However if a 29 year old player or a player on the cusp of Ballon D'Or shortlists are asked to sit out a year, I think it hurts us.

Let's hope we just plough through our fixture list and leave the rags and dippers scrapping for 4th.

5 forwards for 3 positions is probably perfect for us with the league, Champions League and FA Cup and still allows us to give he likes of Sancho and Diaz game time hopefully in the Milk cup or whatever they call it these days. If the Sanchez AND Mbappe stuff is true and actually goes through then I sadly think Sergio will go because he deserves to be playing for a Barca, Madrid or Bayern if he can't play for gods own team.

We'd get £100m for Sergio and Nacho?

So as id have thought pretty much all season Pep is going for a complete overhaul to shape his own team which i do feel is needed even though it will be some what of a gamble for him to let sergio go but thats why we went balls out to get Pep to make these decisions even if some fans may not like it :)

Not with sergio,hart,Toure,Nasri,all off the books!

It's a possibility but both will want a fair wedge and we do have a limit in what we pay our players, even if we pay them additional performance related bonuses. I think It is one of the reasons why Sanchez wants out at Arsenal is they aren't prepared to meet Sanchez's demands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.