It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it that we are being linked with the likes of Sanchez & Mbappe, but I'd seriously like to see a few strong rumours/links with a couple of quality fullbacks, a world class goalkeeper and a top drawer centre half.
Strengthening that leaky defence is a must and cannot be neglected, we could do with some concrete links.

It's the point I am trying to make. We might squeeze in either Sanchez or Mbappe, once we strengthened other areas but not both.

There's absolutely no reason we wont get both plus our other areas covered as long as they aren't greedy and happy to play for incentives.

If they do, and we're successful due to them performing, well it means the clubs revenues are increasing so it's not an issue.

I love it that we are being linked with the likes of Sanchez & Mbappe, but I'd seriously like to see a few strong rumours/links with a couple of quality fullbacks, a world class goalkeeper and a top drawer centre half.
Strengthening that leaky defence is a must and cannot be neglected, we could do with some concrete links.

I'm sure we have just as many solid links with fullbacks as we do with the Sanchez's and Mbappe's, but they don't sell papers and generate clicks like the flair players do. Fullbacks are quite obviously our biggest need and with all of them ours of contract it's a position I'm not too worried about lack of solid rumours with. You know we'll end up with at least two new ones.

That could only mean that Aguero is leaving, surely?

If that was the case, I really hope he gets his wish of playing alongside his great friend at Barca.
Sanchez and Mbappe are not bad replacements though if those moves come off.

I care. Perhaps I shouldn't but I don't like paying 2x as much for players compared to Bayern Munich or Barcelona. I don't like spending 10x the amount for the same results as someone else. I think it actually matters. It makes awards and recognition for our players less forthcoming which affects both they value and their confidence on the pitch IMO, and it adds a suffocating pressure to some players which they can't handle. Mangala, for example, is a player who I think would have been incredible at £20m, but the public pressure from both crowds and press about his massive fee got to him, and magnified every mistake.

Some players will cope anyway, but others can have very promising City careers killed by it.

I also think the noveau riche tag which comes with that excess spending effects foreign players perception of us when we come calling for a transfer.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with spending. I don't care if we spend 300m this summer, I just want it to be at a decent value.

If we spend loads more than anyone else, we should be miles better.

I couldn't agree with you more, too many people assume spending shit loads on players equals success and Spurs and Leicester are the proof that it doesn't.

it's obscene the amount we have spent on players in the past three seasons and what have we won? Other PL clubs seem to pick up value for money cheaper players but we don't, and they seem to have a better mentality.

Look at Spurs defence as an example , it's twice what ours is and cost a quarter of what we have spent.We are a cheque book club throwing its weight around.

It doesn't do our club profile any good does it?

Oh right you think the people who are running our club dont what they doing?! If they can afford 200m or billions there no problem dont worry yourself about how much spend, just worry about how much your season card will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.