It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't loan someone out with 6 months left on their contract unless you've given up on them. Gunn was a real head scratcher though, you wonder just how his game could have developed this season.

Who would be our third choice if Gunn had gone on loan?

Just my thoughts on what I like I'd like our business to look like this summer:

Pickford - An English keeper is a no brained hope we get him rather than a certified number one like Ederson. Otherwise Bravo will just be an extremely expensive backup. At least with Pickford we can give Bravo another shot but with a good alternative ready and waiting. Would be cheap too.

Henriches - Another no brainer, great young technically girfted player can play LB and RB.

Bonucci - If Juve win the CL (which I think they will) he will come imo. What a signing he would be. Hopefully sell Otamendi to Madrid.

Rose - Better player than Rose, if we go for one spurs player it should be him imo. Being English obviously another bonus.

Fabinho - Can play RB and Pivot. I feel we need someone with more presence than Fernandinho in the pivot and for that he'd perfect. Also has an unreal engine. Him, Rose and Henriches would give us great fullback coverage.

Sanchez - Get him in. Keep Aguero too hopefully.

GK: Bravo, Pickford

DF: Henriches, Fabinho, Bonucci, Kompany, Stones, Kolarov, Rose

MF: Fernandinho, Delph, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne

Sterling, Sané, Sanchez, Jesus, Agüero.

Swapping Kolarov for Lucas (Atletico) would be nice too.

Give it a listen cause it's good. Here's the gist anyway -
  • Sanchez is nailed on if Arsenal are willing to sell to a top 4 rival. Sanchez prefers Pep and Pep likes him a lot. If Arsenal throw a hissy fit like Levy though, then it won't happen.
  • City very much interested in Danny Rose and Walker. It would be impossible to sign both, but Spurs might be forced to sell one because the burgeoning cost of their new stadium is a real issue (~ 1 billion pounds). Because it's Levy, it might be a long drawn out affair. But if Spurs are ready to sell, City will have him in a heartbeat as Pep is a big fan of both.
  • Pickford interest is genuine and he is more nailed on than Ederson. If Willy doesn't sign a new contract (as a backup to Bravo), we're pretty much set to land him.
  • Bravo isn't going anywhere next season and will be the default No. 1 unless Pickford/Willy usurp based on better performance in training or pre-season matches.
  • City 100% want Kun to stay, but he wants to be the guaranteed starter in most games, if not all, especially the big games. If Pep can't guarantee him that, then he will leave. So his future is tied to how much Pep rates and trusts Jesus. Bottom line is that Kun is not ready to play second fiddle and would leave for greener pastures if that happens.
  • Mbappe deal is tied to Kun. If Kun stays, we won't go for Mbappe. If he leaves, we'll get him at any cost.

Who is saying this? Someone reliable.

What are peoples thoughts on spending a sizeable chunk of the transfer budget on a 29/30 year old?

What are peoples thoughts on spending a sizeable chunk of the transfer budget on a 29/30 year old?

Define sizable chunk?

Depends on the amount and on the player. I'd spend two years of transfer budgets on Lionel Messi, at 29.

We've been linked to Sanchez and Bonucci both of whom are world class and probably wouldn't cost much more than £50m each. I'd be fine with that or even more.

So basically we are after Sanchez and he will sign if Arsenal will sell to us = no chance

Sanchez, Jesus, Kun main 3 up front

If Kun goes then Mbappe to replace

But what if Sanchez doesn't sign are we then going for Mbappe and who else if Kun leaves as well

Arsenal won't have much of a choice where Sanchez chooses surely so we are in pole position. Pep also won't tell any player they are a guaranteed starter ( apart from Bravo...) so Kun will be off if he gets a decent offer which I'm sure he will and he must know that his position is under threat not only from Jesus but also the impending arrival of Alexei. This probably means we will be in for Mbappe but not at 110 million GBP hence the recent briefings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.