It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, a good listen. Thanks!

On Kun, with those kinds of assurances required it seems likely he could leave, would you not agree? Pep isn't one to bow to demands, generally doesn't like big personalities and plays who he wants based on training and form.

Actually if you read the book Pep Confidential about his first season at Bayern, he does like big personalities, especially people who go against the norm. He doesn't like Aguero's work ethic, he wants his strikers to have more about themselves then just a goal poacher. Pep has come out though and said Sergio's performances have been fine since the Jesus injury, since he upped his defensive work rate.

However, if this was the Aguero who first joined City who was willing to run at a player at any given opportunity he would be the first person on Pep's team sheet week-in week-out, and even though Sergio has put a lot of effort in with this tracking and pressing, he just can't a number 9 role anymore and ever since Pep turned Messi into a number 9 vs real Madrid in 2009 he's become obsessed with his strikers having the ability to play that position. Hence why Jesus was signed, as he can drop deep and run at a defender but also play on the last man and is also reasonably comfortable playing out wide.

Jesus will be first choice next year, no doubt about it. The question is will Sergio be willing to play second fiddle? I doubt it, but we'll see.

Actually if you read the book Pep Confidential about his first season at Bayern, he does like big personalities, especially people who go against the norm. He doesn't like Aguero's work ethic, he wants his strikers to have more about themselves then just a goal poacher. Pep has come out though and said Sergio's performances have been fine since the Jesus injury, since he upped his defensive work rate.

However, if this was the Aguero who first joined City who was willing to run at a player at any given opportunity he would be the first person on Pep's team sheet week-in week-out, and even though Sergio has put a lot of effort in with this tracking and pressing, he just can't a number 9 role anymore and ever since Pep turned Messi into a number 9 vs real Madrid in 2009 he's become obsessed with his strikers having the ability to play that position. Hence why Jesus was signed, as he can drop deep and run at a defender but also play on the last man and is also reasonably comfortable playing out wide.

Jesus will be first choice next year, no doubt about it. The question is will Sergio be willing to play second fiddle? I doubt it, but we'll see.

That's mostly my query.

I appreciate Sergio's side of it. He's a world class striker and could walk into the starting XI of many top clubs unhindered. His comments after his second consecutive match on the bench show he knows it too.

I just wonder what kind of assurances he would need to stay. Four out of every five Premier League games? Them all? I could see him playing a lot but I can't see Pep giving him carte blanche regardless of his, or Jesus's, form.

That being so, and there at least certainly existing a strong possibility Kun moves on, you'd think the club would already have made arrangements with Monaco for Mbappe, but outside of here we seem to never be linked.

As usual, a good listen. Thanks!

On Kun, with those kinds of assurances required it seems likely he could leave, would you not agree? Pep isn't one to bow to demands, generally doesn't like big personalities and plays who he wants based on training and form.

Pep may try a front 2 or Jesus out wide to appease Aguero but I really do feel Pep can trust Jesus more in his system.

That's mostly my query.

I appreciate Sergio's side of it. He's a world class striker and could walk into the starting XI of many top clubs unhindered. His comments after his second consecutive match on the bench show he knows it too.

I just wonder what kind of assurances he would need to stay. Four out of every five Premier League games? Them all? I could see him playing a lot but I can't see Pep giving him carte blanche regardless of his, or Jesus's, form.

That being so, and there at least certainly existing a strong possibility Kun moves on, you'd think the club would already have made arrangements with Monaco for Mbappe, but outside of here we seem to never be linked.

If Pep isn't going to figure out a way for Jesus and Aguero to play together week in week out then Sergio needs to leave, with no hesitation.

He's capable of goals no other player is and doesn't deserve to ever be shafted to the bench, considering how much passion he puts into each performance.

If Pep isn't going to figure out a way for Jesus and Aguero to play together week in week out then Sergio needs to leave, with no hesitation.

He's capable of goals no other player is and doesn't deserve to ever be shafted to the bench, considering how much passion he puts into each performance.

I agree in many ways. Of course, the problem is Sergio's lack of flexibility which dictates he must play as a centre forward (and seeing he's one of the best in the game, why wouldn't you play him there anyway?)

Say Pep wants to play Sane-Jesus-Sterling or throw Sanchez into the mix. They can all shift and swap around to a degree, but Kun is stationary and unmovable.

If he really expects assurances of playing every, presumably PL and CL, game then I can't imagine Pep would offer that. And while I think about it, I don't really think any player should have immunity from being rotated as required or even benched due to better squad competition.

I agree in many ways. Of course, the problem is Sergio's lack of flexibility which dictates he must play as a centre forward (and seeing he's one of the best in the game, why wouldn't you play him there anyway?)

Say Pep wants to play Sane-Jesus-Sterling or throw Sanchez into the mix. They can all shift and swap around to a degree, but Kun is stationary and unmovable.

If he really expects assurances of playing every, presumably PL and CL, game then I can't imagine Pep would offer that. And while I think about it, I don't really think any player should have immunity from being rotated as required or even benched due to better squad competition.

Yea agreed, I think Aguero understands all of this too. I'm guessing Aguero is waiting to see what happens when Jesus comes back to see if there is any real intent from Pep to come up with a formation where they start together.

If he plays them together several times before the end of the season then there's a good chance he'd stay but if he's dropped again to the bench for more than one game for Jesus, then you're pretty much confirming his fear and he will want out, you'd have to imagine.

Pep has mentioned a few times playing them together. I'm not holding out for hope though.

If Arsenal said "give us Aguero for Sanchez" would we ? They'll both be 29 this year and just wonder if Pep thinks Sanchez will work harder for the team.

I dont think it would be a problem having one player out of five who can only play centrally. As long as Pep has four players who can cover the two wide positions he doesnt need a fifth.

Allowing for injuries, suspensions and loss of form, I think the five could be juggled around to provide sufficient game time for all of them. The problem would be the big games. If Pep took the view that his first choice starting line up for CL games didnt include Aguero, that would probably be an insurmountable problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.