It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no B team football anymore so it makes it all the harder for kids to come through a club , it's not a City problem it's a league problem - farming kids out to clubs who play a different system of football with different training techniques will mean more kids falling by the wayside at City, this league will be littered with kids in the years to come who came through City's academy.

It will have to be a leap of faith by Pep if we are to see the likes of Foden, Sancho and Diaz make it in the next two seasons, and to be fair to Pep it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Pep has some of these lads in the squad next season, cup games could be our breeding ground .

it does give them experience of proper football though. right now players like gunn and tosin are learning the pep way, but are stuck in the reserves. i thin ktheres only so much you can learn in training. first team experience is crucial at that age, even if the team they go to doesnt play the pep way. another problem swell is that barely any teams play the pep way.

The only club in history who demands that kids be as good as the first team pros before playing them, is this version of City. With Chelsea slightly behind.

Most, including the rags, just play them. And it usually helps, whether they make it or not (most don't but one or two excel).And it never harms their chances.

Hopefully Pep can do that next season as his first season was just a hotchpotch & he had no time to work on stuff properly.

If he also falls to the chequebook obsession, like Mancini & Pellegrini, then I'm not really sure what the point was, in getting him. It appeared to be that the club was being setup to play in his style, precisely so he could bring through young players as well as make signings.

I still believe he will but if he doesn't, I'll probably join the armchair crew.

That's exactly how I feel, spending shit loads doesn't do it for me personally, I've seen us win things outspending others -it's doesn't really float my boat tbh.
it does give them experience of proper football though. right now players like gunn and tosin are learning the pep way, but are stuck in the reserves. i thin ktheres only so much you can learn in training. first team experience is crucial at that age, even if the team they go to doesnt play the pep way. another problem swell is that barely any teams play the pep way.

The club loaning them don't really give a shit about their progress at City- it's a free gamble for them in the hope they have a 1 year wonder kid who will hit the ground, they often end back here having made no progress whatsoever putting their City career even further back.

That's exactly how I feel, spending shit loads doesn't do it for me personally, I've seen us win things outspending others -it's doesn't really float my boat tbh.

The club loaning them don't really give a shit about their progress at City- it's a free gamble for them in the hope they have a 1 year wonder kid who will hit the ground, they often end back here having made no progress whatsoever putting their City career even further back.

im not sure i agree. roberts, mooy, denayer, unal and others have all benefited massively from loan moves, to teams that dont really play our style. the problem occurs when they get back to city, as rather then playing they end up in the reserves again.

I agree we need to get them involved in match day squads and give them a bit of game time but for most players to really develop they need 100+ games. The chances are they're not going to get that at City and finding good loans is hard.
I watch quite a lot of the u18's and personally I'd be happy to go a few seasons without trophies to give the right kids a chance in the 1st team and let them develop. I know that won't be popular view but let's be honest we've not pulled up any trees in the last 3 seasons with the 2nd rate players we've bought in and yet we still struggle to give the kids any game time. I'm not advocating filling the team with kids but surely a couple with potential could have got 25 games behind them.

That my point I agree with you, I know city probably don't want to just throw Fernando on the scrap heap but if the young players are as good then get them involved, If City go say 2-0 up then there is no reason say Garcia couldn't be given 15 minutes at the end of the game. If we lost due to his substitution then it shows everyone they are not ready. You just need to look at the break through players for other clubs - I'm sure when Spuds bought Ali they weren't expecting him to be playing as much so quickly - Rashford was brought in due to injuries etc. It may be the players that you are not sure about that surprise you when they step up. If players have ability then suddenly playing with great players can bring out the best in them.

Someone's heard the pod 93:20 with Murtin and can summarize it please ?
Give it a listen cause it's good. Here's the gist anyway -
  • Sanchez is nailed on if Arsenal are willing to sell to a top 4 rival. Sanchez prefers Pep and Pep likes him a lot. If Arsenal throw a hissy fit like Levy though, then it won't happen.
  • City very much interested in Danny Rose and Walker. It would be impossible to sign both, but Spurs might be forced to sell one because the burgeoning cost of their new stadium is a real issue (~ 1 billion pounds). Because it's Levy, it might be a long drawn out affair. But if Spurs are ready to sell, City will have him in a heartbeat as Pep is a big fan of both.
  • Pickford interest is genuine and he is more nailed on than Ederson. If Willy doesn't sign a new contract (as a backup to Bravo), we're pretty much set to land him.
  • Bravo isn't going anywhere next season and will be the default No. 1 unless Pickford/Willy usurp based on better performance in training or pre-season matches.
  • City 100% want Kun to stay, but he wants to be the guaranteed starter in most games, if not all, especially the big games. If Pep can't guarantee him that, then he will leave. So his future is tied to how much Pep rates and trusts Jesus. Bottom line is that Kun is not ready to play second fiddle and would leave for greener pastures if that happens.
  • Mbappe deal is tied to Kun. If Kun stays, we won't go for Mbappe. If he leaves, we'll get him at any cost.

• Sanchez is nailed on if Arsenal are willing to sell to a top 4 rival. Sanchez prefers Pep and Pep likes him a lot. If Arsenal throw a hissy fit like Levy though, then it won't happen.
  • City very much interested in Danny Rose and Walker. It would be impossible to sign both, but Spurs might be forced to sell one because the burgeoning cost of their new stadium is a real issue (~ 1 billion pounds). Because it's Levy, it might be a long drawn out affair. But if Spurs are ready to sell, City will have him in a heartbeat as Pep is a big fan of both.
  • Pickford interest is genuine and he is more nailed on than Ederson. If Willy doesn't sign a new contract (as a backup to Bravo), we're pretty much set to land him.
  • Bravo isn't going anywhere next season and will be the default No. 1 unless Pickford/Willy usurp based on better performance in training or pre-season matches.
  • City 100% want Kun to stay, but he wantsl be the guaranteed starter in most games, if not all, especially the big games. If Pep can't guarantee him that, then he will leave. So his future is tied to how much Pep rates and trusts Jesus. Bottom line is that Kun is not ready to play second fiddle and would leave for greener pastures if that happens.
  • Mbappe deal is tied to Kun. If Kun stays, we won't go for Mbappe. If he leaves, we'll get him at any cost.
Very interesting ! I am really surprising about Pickford because i want Ederson. Really hope Kun will stays ! Tanks mate !!

• City 100% want Kun to stay, but he wants to be the guaranteed starter in most games, if not all, especially the big games. If Pep can't guarantee him that, then he will leave. So his future is tied to how much Pep rates and trusts Jesus. Bottom line is that Kun is not ready to play second fiddle and would leave for greener pastures if that happens.

Nice work! :)

For those interested in listening to it.

Nice work! :)

For those interested in listening to it.

As usual, a good listen. Thanks!

On Kun, with those kinds of assurances required it seems likely he could leave, would you not agree? Pep isn't one to bow to demands, generally doesn't like big personalities and plays who he wants based on training and form.

As usual, a good listen. Thanks!

On Kun, with those kinds of assurances required it seems likely he could leave, would you not agree? Pep isn't one to bow to demands, generally doesn't like big personalities and plays who he wants based on training and form.

I've flip flopped on Aguero so much i've got no idea. Today i think he'll definitely stay. Tomorrow i'll probably say the opposite. As I think Martin says, the only people who really know the score are Pep and Kun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.