It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio would have to be 60-70 mill minimum so that's 260mill. That doesn't include any other sales such as Bony - not sure if they are in the 200.

So Walker and VVD - look like 90-100 mill
Left back - 30mill Mendy?
Sanchez would be 50-60mill
keeper - 40 mill?

That's over 200mill - possibly one more top striker / midfielder

Defensively a lot stronger which also helps midfield - we also have Gundogan (like a new signing) Jesus (same)

I would expect front 3 to be Sane - Jesus and sanchez , Sterling back-up

I think we would defo be a stronger team than now.
That's what I meant when I wrote before that I understand why we might be looking at Pickford rather than Ederson. Saving 20 million on the keeper might be required for our puzzle to work out. And if Pep has decided to give Bravo another chance as first choice keeper we might not actually need a guy like Ederson.

i don't get why the "blame" for this is being laid at sergios door...he is the only one scoring goals ...the midfield of sterling sane KDB (especially) and silva are extremely culpable...they don't get in positions to score or when they do make a complete hash of it...none of this is down to sergio at all......yes he could have scored more but he is the only one whoever looks like scoring on a regular basis....(by all accounts GJ was poor yesterday...i didnt see the gam but going off the reports on here and elsewhere)......

we are again going to put all our eggs into one basket...we have made this mistake this season WITH sergio...ie relied on him too much....yet we are going to sell him and rely on a 20 year old kid and potentially sanchez who has never been as prolific as Sergio....

Its a huge gamble and one which i think will define Peps time here.....hope he gets it right as if he doesn't he will be hung out to dry and he will only have himself to blame....he half fucked up the keeper situation...whether it was he right thing to sell hart is one thing....but the replacement is ALL on him and he has been an abject failure...the worse keeper in our recent history and the worst in the prem at present.

Very good post. I agree, others need to step up as well, Kun does miss chances but he's normally the only one scoring them as well.

These fans calling on to let Sergio go, careful what you wish for he is our greatest goal scorer you will probably ever see in a city shirt and you want him to go, give your fcking heads a wobble and go and stand in front of the mirror and remind yourselves of the world class strikers we have had at this club in the last 40 years.

Jesus is potential that's all, Sergio is at his peak, so we sell him and next season when we don't score enough goals the same fans who want to move him on will the the first on here to say why did we sell Sergio, we never replaced negredo, we never replaced dzeko, we never replaced tevez, we never replaced Bellamy so just how the fck do we replace Sergio.

These fans calling on to let Sergio go, careful what you wish for he is our greatest goal scorer you will probably ever see in a city shirt and you want him to go, give your fcking heads a wobble and go and stand in front of the mirror and remind yourselves of the world class strikers we have had at this club in the last 40 years.

Jesus is potential that's all, Sergio is at his peak, so we sell him and next season when we don't score enough goals the same fans who want to move him on will the the first on here to say why did we sell Sergio, we never replaced negredo, we never replaced dzeko, we never replaced tevez, we never replaced Bellamy so just how the fck do we replace Sergio.

Is Sergio at his peak? His goal scoring efficiency isn't.

as do aguero, sane , sterling from time to time. should we sell all of them swell ? i nthe majority of our big games kdb sets up the goals or scores. the majority of players in football aren't going to perform every week.

But that's not what was said. KDB is not a world class player. On his day, he's top 5, but those days come in chunks rather than consistently.

He also has the luxury of a freer role in our system than Kun or our wingers, who are man marked and double teamed. Their merits are a side issue anyways, but KDB is nowhere near being consistent enough. If we get Sanchez in, it's Kev & Raheem that will feel the pressure.

Ederson @ £40m
Walker @ £40m
Mendy £30m
Sanchez @ £45m
VVD or Bonnuci @ £50m

Gross spend £205m?

Surely the £200m tolm mentioned is a maximum net spend? Still think even with that group of players we are a world class midfielder short?

Ederson @ £40m
Walker @ £40m
Mendy £30m
Sanchez @ £45m
VVD or Bonnuci @ £50m

Gross spend £205m?

Surely the £200m tolm mentioned is a maximum net spend? Still think even with that group of players we are a world class midfielder short?

We won't get less than 6 players for the first team, IMO. Too many outgoings.

I believe Tolmie has said 8 would be the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.