It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a listen cause it's good. Here's the gist anyway -
  • Sanchez is nailed on if Arsenal are willing to sell to a top 4 rival. Sanchez prefers Pep and Pep likes him a lot. If Arsenal throw a hissy fit like Levy though, then it won't happen.
  • City very much interested in Danny Rose and Walker. It would be impossible to sign both, but Spurs might be forced to sell one because the burgeoning cost of their new stadium is a real issue (~ 1 billion pounds). Because it's Levy, it might be a long drawn out affair. But if Spurs are ready to sell, City will have him in a heartbeat as Pep is a big fan of both.
  • Pickford interest is genuine and he is more nailed on than Ederson. If Willy doesn't sign a new contract (as a backup to Bravo), we're pretty much set to land him.
  • Bravo isn't going anywhere next season and will be the default No. 1 unless Pickford/Willy usurp based on better performance in training or pre-season matches.
  • City 100% want Kun to stay, but he wants to be the guaranteed starter in most games, if not all, especially the big games. If Pep can't guarantee him that, then he will leave. So his future is tied to how much Pep rates and trusts Jesus. Bottom line is that Kun is not ready to play second fiddle and would leave for greener pastures if that happens.
  • Mbappe deal is tied to Kun. If Kun stays, we won't go for Mbappe. If he leaves, we'll get him at any cost.

Well that's hugely dissapointing news

I will be so confused if Pep wants Pickford. He's surely not that good with his feet. Has anyone watched much of Rulli? I heard he was doing well at one stage.

Then i would still be fuming as it would be a result of Pep, power tripping and gambling like when he kicked Deco and Ronaldinho out of Barca.
Yeah, you'd have thought Pep would have learnt by now.

Imagine being left to watch Messi, Iniesta and Xavi prance around the pitch instead.

Barcelona fans are still fuming I expect.

I will be so confused if Pep wants Pickford. He's surely not that good with his feet. Has anyone watched much of Rulli? I heard he was doing well at one stage.

I can't understand the Pickford link either mate to be honest. Ederson is by far a better fit for us but there has been rumours that with the joint ownership with him maybe the club have baulked at the bigger fee?

yeah i get that.....sanchz has never been prolific as Kun. no younger, build up play better but scores less......therefore in my mind he isn't an improvement

We could actually be seeing Sanchez replace any of the players in behind Jesus and if Jesus were to contribute as he has done so far goal wise and Sanchez continues his contribution for us then it'll look better than this season. It's technically Jesus who has come in to Aguero's position and whether Aguero will accept less than a 100% starting role is his decision only.

Alexis is great and all but feel he's being slightly overrated on here. He produces the numbers but watch him consistently and you'll find he's one greedy fucker. He loses the ball more so than any other player at Arsenal AND Barcelona. I'm also finding more and more Arsenal fans saying he's 110% thrice the player as a CF than he is wide, where they find him extremely frustrating.

Just yesterday in the NLD, he lost possession 20 times. More than anyone else on the pitch.

Last edited:
I can't understand the Pickford link either mate to be honest. Ederson is by far a better fit for us but there has been rumours that with the joint ownership with him maybe the club have baulked at the bigger fee?

I think we're going to have to take a risk somewhere because it's not realistic to spend 40/50 million pounds per player on six or seven players. And that seems to be the starting price for defenders, attackers are even more expensive. The question will be where do we take the risk. I can see why if Pep wants to give Bravo another season which it looks like he does, that we won't spend a massive amount on another keeper, especially if Pickford is available cheap and they rate him (which it sounds like they do).

Then i would still be fuming as it would be a result of Pep, power tripping and gambling like when he kicked Deco and Ronaldinho out of Barca.

I absolutely love Ronaldinho but his attitude sucked and it was the right move, they went on to play some of the best football we will ever see and it was successful.

Ederson @ £40m
Walker @ £40m
Mendy £30m
Sanchez @ £45m
VVD or Bonnuci @ £50m

Gross spend £205m?

Surely the £200m tolm mentioned is a maximum net spend? Still think even with that group of players we are a world class midfielder short?

How about

Walker (26 yrs) £50m
Rose (26yrs) £50
Pickford (23 yrs) £20
VVD (25 yrs) £50
Kieran Tierney (19 yrs) £20m
Eric Dier (23 yrs) or Weigl (21 yrs) £50

Gross spend=£240 with an English backbone.

Sell Hart, Bravo, Nolito, Mangala, Bony, Nasri; Fernando, Delph and maybe Iheanacho for about £80m

Add the £10m remaining from the original £250 (that they say Pep will have) to the £80m or whatever we can get from the sales of these players, and you get £90m more spend.

Then bring back Maffeo (19 yrs) and maybe Enes Unal (19 yrs).

Then we'll have

GK: Pickford/Rulli
RB: Walker/Maffeo
CB: VVD/Kompany/Stones/Otamendi/Kolarov
LB: Rose/Kieran
DM: Dier or Weigl/Yaya/Fernandinho/Gundogan/Garcia
CM: De Bruyne/Silva/Gundogan/Fernandinho/Yaya/Foden/Diaz
FW: Sterling/Sane/Aguero/Jesus/Unal/Sancho

We could use that additional £90-100 for someone up front like Sanchez (or someone else) or for another creative midfielder like Isco (or someone like him).

Just in theory, doesn't work in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.