It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an inferiority complex.

He's better looking, more successful and knows more about football than most can only dream of.

It doesn't help that the media smear him for not going to United and the less mindful fall for it like they did with Sterling last season, causing them to have an irrational and reactionary attitude to everything which doesn't work out.

You don't hear United or Liverpool fans talking about Mourinho or Klopp in the same way. Pochettino at Spurs has won nothing and done poor in Europe but is the best thing ever. People forget his first season there was also really disappointing.

The only thing that makes me laugh it off or forget about it is knowing that he's going to make them look like a right group of mugs for the next couple of years.

he aint better looking than me!!!!!!! the rest however is true!

200 million is tight for the 6 signings I had in mind that's for sure.

Well @tolmie's hairdoo has said we won't spend less than last year and, given we were in on both Laporte and Bonucci too, that would have been north of £300m.

I can't see a situation where City tell Pep no on his targets for financial reasons, unless it's both stupidly expensive and not a priority (see: Mbappe without Aguero money)

I think Ederson, Sanchez and Walker all appear nailed on at present, which could already be £150m with at least three more incomings.

Last edited:
If we compare goals to minutes, then we might as well say Kelechi is better than Sanchez, also?

The stats can be made to suit all the arguments.

I do think the time is right to cash in on Sergio although it will be down to him alone.

More pertinently, City and Pep have failed to put it to bed.

I have lost count the amount of shots Sergio has taken when the easy pass was on i can completely understand that Pep wants a lets says less self minded forward that will create as many goals as they will score.

Sergio has been a pinnacle of our team for the past 6 years and it would pain me to see him go but i aint going to get the pitch forks and fire out if he does as its more about understanding the point of him being sold/wanting to leave.

Sergio would have to be 60-70 mill minimum so that's 260mill. That doesn't include any other sales such as Bony - not sure if they are in the 200.

So Walker and VVD - look like 90-100 mill
Left back - 30mill Mendy?
Sanchez would be 50-60mill
keeper - 40 mill?

That's over 200mill - possibly one more top striker / midfielder

Defensively a lot stronger which also helps midfield - we also have Gundogan (like a new signing) Jesus (same)

I would expect front 3 to be Sane - Jesus and sanchez , Sterling back-up

I think we would defo be a stronger team than now.

yaya has been one of our better players this season....KDB has been shit but for some reason is mostly immune......Yaya was poor last season Ill give you that one but this year he has been really good again.....

if serg wants to go then fair enough but is he being made to feel like that....then that is another situation altogether

It doesn't help when you're not playing him in his natural position. Other than the past couple of games he was playing deeper.

What about cash from other sales (the senior loanees)...is that already baked into the 200?
If that's the case then we can as well revalue £200m to £140m as we usually get lower than our transfer projections. I hope this is not the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.