It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 3 for £100m wouldn't be that bad. £15m Pickford, £40m Walker, £45m Sanchez

And that'd give us somewhere in the region of £100m plus sales to get Mendy (~£30m) a CB and a midfielder

Got a gut feeling (just a gut) that we're going to end up swapping Gaya for Mangala. If that happens we'll be left with a hefty amount for a CB and DM.

Bayern won't go for Sanchez. No chance. Not when they've got Costa, Comen, Robben, Ribery, and are very very close to signing Julian Brandt (which is why one of Costa or Coman might leave to make room for him).

Great, I saw links this morning but I wonder how much wishful thinking there is with Arsenal desperately hoping to sell Sanchez abroad.

Got a gut feeling (just a gut) that we're going to end up swapping Gaya for Mangala. If that happens we'll be left with a hefty amount for a CB and DM.

DM is arguably the most important position to fill, yet doesn't seem to get much in terms of rumours/discussion, hence how Carvalho/Fabinho keep coming up. Any thoughts?

The scary thing is that £70m won't stretch that far if we are going to get the calibre of player we need. I'm still adamant we need someone to cover Silva when he's been kicked off the park.

£100m plus sales and we've got a lot of stock to sell. Bony, Mangala (if not used in a trade), Nasri, Mooy, Hart. Maybe Fernando, Nolito and/or Delph too.

I imagine sales will come close to £100m as the papers reported recently.

3 players above market value to a country outside FFP rules---Cfc play in the most financially competitive league in the world--no advantage for Cfc

Did Abramovic also make Chinese clubs pay £25m for Ighalo, or £40m for jackson Martinez, or £47m for hulk?

And isn't it funny, considering The chinese are all scheming to get Chelsea money, that Chelsea didn't sign Alex Pato for peanuts just before his move to China, that was Villarreal...

Chelsea's good "luck" with the Chinese is simply them making sure their players know taking it is their best option when an offer arrives. We should have done the same with Bony when we had the chance in January.

DM is arguably the most important position to fill, yet doesn't seem to get much in terms of rumours/discussion, hence how Carvalho/Fabinho keep coming up. Any thoughts?

I agree. I find it fascinating it's the one position we have no credible links to a player in. Would love it to be Fabinho but it feels like he's going to United and that's all i've heard. We're seemingly not in for Bakayoko. Can't see Dortmund selling Weigl, especially if they sell Auba. It's a hard position to fill because of the skill set required.

I agree. I find it fascinating it's the one position we have no credible links to a player in. Would love it to be Fabinho but it feels like he's going to United and that's all i've heard. We're seemingly not in for Bakayoko. Can't see Dortmund selling Weigl, especially if they sell Auba. It's a hard position to fill because of the skill set required.

I think letting Dortmund get Dahoud was a mistake, in that regard, unless there is a chance we could poach Weigl.

It's also curious that while Gundogan could play the role, Pep played him more in a Spanish Dave position (CM or AMC) and let Dinho/Yaya handle DM. I wonder if he intends to wait it out with what we've got for another season, because as you say the options are quite limited.

No matter how many times you keep repeating it won't make it anymore true. Chinese clubs are buying players from all over the world. It just so happens in England most of Joorabchian's clients are at Chelsea.
Also, i thought it was Costa himself who wanted to push the move through. For a two year contract he'd be set for life and still have time play in europe again. Hardly Red Roman and his cronies making him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.