It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimmich is a great no. 6. Actually we do not understand the full back plans either - especially as he gets his match time this season in midfield.

As a full back - I do not even think he would be great as a conventional full back - but he could be great as an inverted full back who adds to the midfield, too.

All the rumours... - Bayern in the recent season did not buy the players they were rumoured to get. I do not see Sanchez in Munich as I think that Uli will not want it. The spanish and portuguese speaking group gets too big. It is fine with the ones that adapted fast and speak German now fluently - but it seems to be too convenient for the newer ones to get around without doing... I am not in for too many German players - but I like the mix. There for sure must be some German players and especially some bavarian ones - but the international players usually give the flair. Aren't there some good polish, croatian or french wingers or full backs...

The best French winger is Dembele at Dortmund, but I don't see any Polish or Croatian wingers being good enough for Bayern.

In regards to Kimmich, would you be surprised if City came in for him? Pep loves playing fullbacks who can come into midfield and we need a number 6.

Was it not Pep who introduced Kimmich into the Bayern setup?

Put it this way mate, if he is available I would love him at City.

On Friday, a Portuguese newspaper is reporting that an English club managed by a Spanish manager is after a Brazilian player from an Italian side.

But despite all the mess, it turns out that this story is quite reliable, since Brazilian journalist Bruno Andrade from O Jogo is often on the money.

Capturar-12-126x300.jpg
He claims that Pep Guardiola has the Juventus left-back Alex Sandro as a Manchester City priority for the next season, and would be keen on making a heavy investment in him.

Manchester City have already started the negotiations, and would be prepared to spend up to €50m on the 26-year-old as part of the plan to make the squad younger.

Alex Sandro is reportedly aware of Guardiola’s interest, but is trying to keep himself away from the negotiations as he still tries to win three major titles for Juventus this season.

Juventus will make it hard for the player go to Manchester City, and it’s unknown if that amount will be enough to take the player from them, as his contract runs until 2020.

We were quite heavily linked with this lad last summer so it doesn't surprise to see our interest renewed.

I get the feeling by reading the gossip that we are offering Sandro a big increase in his salary compared to what he is on at Juventus.

Why would it be stupid as 2 top quality fullbacks would be very close to completing the first eleven pep wants i would doubt we would spend 100 million on just 2 fullbacks but if that is what it takes then so be it.
50m for a fullback is ridiculous even though football has gone mad,we need 2,a centre mid,defender and keeper at least,just because we have money we still have a budget to stick to

Won't happen,unless we are more stupid than i thought

50m for a fullback is ridiculous even though football has gone mad,we need 2,a centre mid,defender and keeper at least,just because we have money we still have a budget to stick to

I don't know about that Karen, I know reliable people have said he was one of our top targets last summer and it didn't work.

Now they're saying in 2015 we were trying to get him - that's the summer Pep started being involved in transfers. And apparently we tried to get him to sign for free in 2016 instead of paying porto a ton in 2015...but Juventus jumped ahead.

So this would be the 3rd year of solid interest and it sounds like Pep really, really wants him. He's probably one of the 3 or 4 best LB's in the world and apparently has made a huge kick on this season, so maybe silly money will get involved.

If he is one of the top 3 in the world, and he's ours from 26-32, then £40-50m for a genuine "best in the world at his position" would be expensive, but worth it.

What conclusion did people come to as to why we wanted rid of Hart?

My own hunch was that he was probably just a big mouth behind the scenes and they used the weaknesses in his game as an excuse to get rid. Pep being such a strong character was happy to take the reaction to it on the chin.

I remember that friendly against Arsenal last summer where Hart kicked it long nearly every single time almost as an act of defiance to Pep - 'I play how I want, and won't be changed'.

Maybe we shouldn't have been too surprised as there were stories Mancini wanted him gone and Pellegrini was all too happy to drop him when his form dipped.

There were also suggestive comments from Ian Cheeseman at one point, who never revealed all, but said something along the lines of 'You wouldn't be complaining about Hart leaving if you knew what I knew'.

intriguing.

Many think it is the gambling accusations or rather how he pays off his bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.