It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sagna was injured in October, Zaba however wasn't and played in both our games that month (international break)

In fact, Zaba wasn't injured at all while Maffeo was not on loan.

Not true, look up who played RB at West Brom.

Strange you seem to believe sending a 19 year old, that you've just given his first senior appearance, constitutes an attempt to alienate them.

I don't think this sentence is actually English, it certainly doesn't make sense.

You keep quoting this and I wouldn't mind watching the source to hear exactly what Pep said.

Google it, it's incredibly easy to find.

That's the rumour, yes.

It's more than just a rumour though isn't it, it's come from one of the most reliable City journalists out there, and backed up by Tolmie.

Call a spade a spade mate, it isn't "the club", it's Pep who calls the shots.

Your cynicism isn't unfounded but if you think Pep wants to fuck off Maffeo, and it's now or never for a 19 year old fullback then you're barking up the wrong tree.

Yeah it is Pep, and yeah, fucking off a 20 year old fullback when he's got no existing competition for a spot is exactly that...fucking them off.

if Navas wasn't retained we'd need to purchase a back-up which would eventually curtail Maffeo's development

Or we could do what every single other club in the world does and just play the kid without loaning them out for 5 years.

Re-signing Navas is curtailing Maffeo's development, I can't believe so many people are so wilfully blind to that.

Last edited:
You replied to a comment I made to someone commenting on MK Dons, if you weren't agreeing with them you probably shouldn't have tried to carry it on.
I'm not familiar with this posting etiquette! I was merely answering your post by comparing the success of Chelsea to the lack of success of Spurs. I also posted that both current Spurs 1st choice fullbacks were out, on loan, until they were over 21. No reason why our loanees can't do the same, I would hope.

Or we could do what every single other club in the world does and just play the kid without loaning them out for 5 years.

Re-signing Navas is curtailing Maffeo's development, I can't believe so many people are so wilfully blind.

its the same for most of our young players at the moment. tosin, anglino, garcia, gunn, nacho. none of them have really been given a chance and pep seems to want ready made first team players instead, he wont take a 'risk' playing them. tosin the strangest one, considering we've had no centre backs at times this season. until this changes i can't see many if any making it at city.

Zinchenko's case is a terrible example. Just from memory the only person claiming he was promised first team opportunities before signing was his agent (which the lad may have repeated too). And if he can't get a starting place in PSV's team surely that's down to him? No loan team will guarantee game time if the player isn't up to the job, hopefully he's learning from the experience just what he needs to do.
No, it's not his fault at all. The idea of loaning a youngster to a Dutch title contender was questionable from the start. Even PSV's supporters were amused to get another CAM while there were plenty already - what the club really needed is wingers. The status of a loanee didn't help Alex to get more chances as well. I think it was our club's job to assess the player's abilities, PSV's needs and make right decision. Basicaly the same case as with M.Garcia who sat on the bench under his namesake and Llorente.

'loan to Eredivisie' ? Is that so much better than loaning to Spains 2nd tier? You know that his team are only 8th in a weak league?
Course I know. The thing is this team suits Odegaard's current abilities and allows him to play more or less regularly. Odegaard is probably not the best example, I actually don't like the modern practice of snatching teenagers by big clubs too early. My focus was on deficiencies of our loaning system, Real's was used just as an example of a more successful, well-planned one.

'loan to Bundesliga' ? If you're still talking about Odegaard then I can't see any reference to that.
Carvajal, Vallejo, Mayoral - just what first came to mind.

its the same for most of our young players at the moment. tosin, anglino, garcia, gunn, nacho. none of them have really been given a chance and pep seems to want ready made first team players instead, he wont take a 'risk' playing them. tosin the strangest one, considering we've had no centre backs at times this season. until this changes i can't see many if any making it at city.

I think the problem is that the first team isn't to his satisfaction and that must surely be his immediate priority. From what I've read and heard, bringing through academy products and being the first to give them their chance is one of the things he loves most about the job so I do think we'll see more of it when everything is settled.

Some of the players in that list just aren't good enough. Personally, I don't think Angelino, Gunn and Tosin have what it takes. That's just my opinion and they could become phenomenal players but inevitably at least a couple will fade into mediocrity. That's the way it goes for academy products all over the country and it's unrealistic to expect all of them to come through.

Maffeo doesn't seem like a risk at all though, it seems like now's as good a time as any.

Not true, look up who played RB at West Brom.

Kolarov, but that wasn't because of injury and, further, it was three days after the United game which Maffeo played a full 90 minutes in.

I don't think this sentence is actually English, it certainly doesn't make sense.

Let me dumb it down for you;

Pep Guardiola good coach. Want to build successful team. Gives debut to player. Wants player to be good. Sends player on loan to help make him good.

Google it, it's incredibly easy to find.

Presumably you're talking about this:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...news/man-city-news-guardiola-academy-12487582

Just a few problems:
1. He wasn't specially talking about Maffeo, or even City, but the problem with PL academy kids not breaking through easier.
2. Nowhere does he state "all" a specific player needs is game time in front of a big crowd to be ready.

it's more than just a rumour though isn't it, it's come from one of the most reliable City journalists out there, and backed up by Tolmie.

Oh sorry, did City confirm it then?

Sure, Sammy is reputable, but things change and he gets stuff wrong too, particularly on transfers.

Yeah it is Pep, and yeah, fucking off a 20 year old fullback when he's got no existing competition for a spot is exactly that...fucking them off.

He's a City player until 2019 and he's not even 20 yet.

No existing competition, so throw him to the lions right? Wrong. Maybe he's not ready and maybe Pep's a better evaluator of that than you.

Re-signing Navas is curtailing Maffeo's development, I can't believe so many people are so wilfully blind.

if maffeo isn't deemed quite ready then he isn't quite ready,

if your that passionate about our youth set up, get yourself the correct coaching badges and try and work for city, i actually know one of the youth team coaches,you obviously think you are a better judge of players than our team of youth coaches not to mention pep.getting a job at city will be a piece of piss for you.

if maffeo isn't deemed quite ready then he isn't quite ready,

if your that passionate about our youth set up, get yourself the correct coaching badges and try and work for city, i actually know one of the youth team coaches,you obviously think you are a better judge of players than our team of youth coaches not to mention pep.getting a job at city will be a piece of piss for you.

Ah of course! No one can criticise anything anyone at the club does because we're not professionals and in the game.

I'll bear that in mind any time you criticise a player, after all, if you're so fucking good at it you should be playing yourself shouldn't you!

In fact, perhaps you should tell Ric to just shut down the forum, as we're not allowed to discuss decisions of player, managers or club, as they know best and are obviously infallible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.