It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, but like I said in this thread

Will he improve us?

Can the club afford it?

Do we need more home grown players?

Finally is it your money?
I hate the "is it your money?" argument, it lacks any logic; fans spend money and generate the viewing figures that allow the club to make the additional revenue it does. It's the equivalent of being unable to moan about the Chancellors budget because it's no longer your money, though you probably feel that it is, because you contribute tax.

He would improve us, but you're comparing him to Gael Clichy. 9/10 left-backs win that comparison now because his best days are behind him. That reason doesn't justify spending £50m.

Equally the club can afford it, but you could afford to wear a new pair of socks everyday. Another reason that doesn't justify spending £50m.

Can you come up with a genuine reason to justify spending £50m on Danny Rose? I really can't see one.

I hate the "is it your money?" argument, it lacks any logic; fans spend money and generate the viewing figures that allow the club to make the additional revenue it does. It's the equivalent of being unable to moan about the Chancellors budget because it's no longer your money, though you probably feel that it is, because you contribute tax.

He would improve us, but you're comparing him to Gael Clichy. 9/10 left-backs win that comparison now because his best days are behind him. That reason doesn't justify spending £50m.

Equally the club can afford it, but you could afford to wear a new pair of socks everyday. Another reason that doesn't justify spending £50m.

Can you come up with a genuine reason to justify spending £50m on Danny Rose? I really can't see one.

Best left back in the league this season and Premiership proven!

Also buy someone from Europe with no premier experience is always a gamble, just look at the amount of money we have thrown at new centre backs. Sorry people who throw the Money argument for not buying someone is utter nonsense, I pay £300 for me season ticket and wont the club spent billions if they can afford it! The scum have thrown billions on players for over 30 years and it aint there money its borrowed on there history of the last 25 years.

50 million for Rose? I'd rather spend that on Alex Sandro who's the same age and a better player overall.
Hell, I think we can bring 2 quality fullbacks for that price ( Fabinho 30m, Henrichs 20m.....)

HG won't be an issue to Pep, he'll look to bring versatile players as he likes smaller squads.

Best left back in the league this season and Premiership proven!

Also buy someone from Europe with no premier experience is always a gamble, just look at the amount of money we have thrown at new centre backs. Sorry people who throw the Money argument for not buying someone is utter nonsense, I pay £300 for me season ticket and wont the club spent billions if they can afford it! The scum have thrown billions on players for over 30 years and it aint there money its borrowed on there history of the last 25 years.

Yes, Rose is the best left back in the league, but let's look at his competition, Shaw from Rags, Snake from Dippers, Monreal from Arse and our very own Clichy.
No doubt he is a solid player, but 50 million for a 27 y/o just because he's English doesn't sound smart to me.

Plus I don't the find Premiership experience argument to be that compelling either. We have had players like Bony, Rodwell, Johnson, Sinclair and now Delph that were all premiership proven. Sane was bought from BuLi and he is on par with Raheem if not better even though he has no prior experience of the league. Our best players in the recent past have had no prior experience in premiership either.

So, I think we'll be better off buying two quality fullbacks who understand and fit Pep's system (Bernat, Grimaldo, Henrichs, Gaya etc.)

Having said all that, I am not taking anything away from Rose, he is quality and will definitely improve our defense tenfolds, but at the price quoted, it's a no from me.

Yes, Rose is the best left back in the league, but let's look at his competition, Shaw from Rags, Snake from Dippers, Monreal from Arse and our very own Clichy.
No doubt he is a solid player, but 50 million for a 27 y/o just because he's English doesn't sound smart to me.

Plus I don't the find Premiership experience argument to be that compelling either. We have had players like Bony, Rodwell, Johnson, Sinclair and now Delph that were all premiership proven. Sane was bought from BuLi and he is on par with Raheem if not better even though he has no prior experience of the league. Our best players in the recent past have had no prior experience in premiership either.

So, I think we'll be better off buying two quality fullbacks who understand and fit Pep's system (Bernat, Grimaldo, Henrichs, Gaya etc.)

Having said all that, I am not taking anything away from Rose, he is quality and will definitely improve our defense tenfolds, but at the price quoted, it's a no from me.
Spot on, £50m for Rose is a piss take . He's a decent premier league fullback who stands out because of all the dross Left backs in the league

Well it looks like one player (navas) is on his way out if the MUEN are to be believed...enrolled his son in a school in Seville according to them

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ll-news/man-city-transfer-news-navas-12797332

Link to the story above.....

No surprise really if its true and no real loss. Great professional, perfect attitude and fantastic work rate but doesn't offer enough going forward and very wasteful with absolutely no goal threat either.

Well it looks like one player (navas) is on his way out if the MUEN are to be believed...enrolled his son in a school in Seville according to them

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ll-news/man-city-transfer-news-navas-12797332

Link to the story above.....

No surprise really if its true and no real loss. Great professional, perfect attitude and fantastic work rate but doesn't offer enough going forward and very wasteful with absolutely no goal threat either.
Will probably get 10-15 next season for them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.