It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest this a bit of a stretch.

If the player is agreeable but no deal with the club is in place then I’d put the figures the other way round. 10% done. No way are the Arse going to roll over on this. Also no way would they agree to sell him while at the same time signing up Wenger for 2 more years. The Wenger thing would come first then they would look at any offer for AS. I would expect this would only happen with a very public and drawn out scrap similar to the Sterling scenario where every ex Arse player from the last 40 years would get hauled out to call him a mercenary twit before they eventually take the cash and declare Danny Welbeck a better player!

I will be amazed if this goes down any other way.

Arsenal wont keep him against his will and everyone knows it so they have no choice.

Sam Lee, Tolmie...all the ITK's infact are suggesting Sanchez will be done. The people who are telling them that wouldn't be if the club weren't also convinced it was done.

We'll be quick to regret that if that's the case, we absolutely need a DM. There are plenty of options too, if not Fabinho then at least Carvalho or Diawara. Our current options just aren't good enough.

Gundogan,Delph, Yaya, Fernando, Garcia.

We can wait a year in that spot and then move for Weigl(unless Tuchel leaving opens a door now).

Can't see Sanchez coming in tbh. Not with the array of attacking talent we have at present. More likely to go Bayern.

I would suggest this a bit of a stretch.

If the player is agreeable but no deal with the club is in place then I’d put the figures the other way round. 10% done. No way are the Arse going to roll over on this. Also no way would they agree to sell him while at the same time signing up Wenger for 2 more years. The Wenger thing would come first then they would look at any offer for AS. I would expect this would only happen with a very public and drawn out scrap similar to the Sterling scenario where every ex Arse player from the last 40 years would get hauled out to call him a mercenary twit before they eventually take the cash and declare Danny Welbeck a better player!

I will be amazed if this goes down any other way.

There are a few things to keep in mind here:

1. City interest in signing Sanchez was established last year and discussions have been ongoing. The additional year in Alexis contract provided leeway, but if he stays now then he walks for free.

2. Maks Cardenas broke Sanchez to City some time around December and has maintained, most notably in April, that City remains his choice destination.

3. Bayern do not have the financial clout in the transfer market to match City, but more clinically are unable to provide the wages Sanchez desires without igniting a squad-wide restructure.

4. Recent statements from the club and insiders have shown an almost nonchalant confidence that he'll end up here. It seems almost inevitable.

IMO 90% is about right, maybe even higher. I think he's all but a City player pending a last minute spanner in the works. To me, it appears obvious that Arsenal seek the dust settling on Wenger's extension and a few noted signings of their own before allowing the finalisation of the deal. But IMO it's happening and that's a really exciting thing.

NASRI. ADEBAYOR. CLICHY.

Arsenal didn't want to lose any, but did. Never once making it messy in public. Not their way thankfully.

That was a different era though. They would have never have thought back then that in x years time we would usurp them to be the most consistent top 4 team. They had a decent squad back them, losing those players was not such an issue, now they have increasingly less quality and what is there is concentrated in in 2 or 3 decent players. AS is the 1 stand out player. This would hurt them really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.