It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a Barkley that isn't faced with the massed ranks that City have to contend with every week.

that doesn't really hold up because yeah, he doesn't have massed defences, but he also doesn't enjoy the dominance of possession that our forwards do, or have a bunch of world class players to create opportunities for - just one very good striker who's still a bit unreliable.

would be quite excited about barkley if we got him, not entirely sure why

There's a lot of things to like about Barkley, certainly enough that if he got the Guardiola seal of approval it would all I needed to get completely behind a move for him. With the right coaching he could become brilliant, I think he's stalled slightly because he had an awkward last year under Martinez and took a while to get used to Koeman but for the last 3 months he's been brilliant and if he could build on that here, for £20m or so, happy days.

I've never spent enough time looking at our potential summer to determine the home grown requirements needed in the summer, but I look at that England squad and I start to think if it's necessary, Barkley at anything close to £15-20m is good business. He's capable of being a match winner, as proved at Everton, and that aspect alone is worth the money. You'll never lose money on Barkley at that price. Remember we paid £15m for Navas and there was plenty of support for that signing at the time, the same for Nolito very recently.

Barkley for around £20m?

A young English player for about £20m?!

Doing business with Everton for about £20m?!?!

Oh yeah, it's April Fools. Good one fellas. You missed out the punchline of 'a year left on his contract' to try and justify such a humorous valuation though.

once someone mentioned to me that he almost never looks up when he's got the ball at his feet, I've never been able to regard him as highly because it was so obvious.

Couldn't really tell you anything he's done for a rather long time.

I'd be happy if we signed Barkley. Not really seen much linking us with him, but he'd be a good, homegrown addition to the squad.

He's never impressed me that much but we undeniably need at least one home grown player this summer, maybe 2, so I'm happy to take a punt

He's never impressed me that much but we undeniably need at least one home grown player this summer, maybe 2, so I'm happy to take a punt
We don't need any home grown, if we were to buy him it would because we think he's good enough.

We don't need any home grown, if we were to buy him it would because we think he's good enough.

If we don't need home grown players then i'd leave well alone, we wouldn't even look at him twice if he wasn't English

that doesn't really hold up because yeah, he doesn't have massed defences, but he also doesn't enjoy the dominance of possession that our forwards do, or have a bunch of world class players to create opportunities for - just one very good striker who's still a bit unreliable.

Whatever his positives and negatives are, I hope he has the game of his life today against his red neighbour's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.