It's Quiet Corrections

well, pearce_out. I read your original post in your forum. You said this summer would never like last one again. Is it mean this summer will be a quiet one, with no big-name signing anymore?

thanks for your info.

Just to point of last saeson we finished some 21 points or so off chelsea who won the league.

Sky Sports | Home | News | Mancini sets title challenge
17 May 2010 ... Roberto Mancini believes Man City can challenge for the Premier League title as early as next season.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6159164,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6159164,00.html</a> - Cached

Now call me a cynical old sod but we won't be challenging for the title with players of the same quality next season :)

bluemonkey71 said:
Once bitten twice shy methinks.

We've been humped in the market before so I doubt we'd be running around telling everyone what we are doing and what superstars we are going/trying to sign.

I'm still of the view that we will nail some great players. Khaldoon's cheeky wink says it all for me.

I'll try to remember exactly what he said on something he asked.

I asked if we were looking at stellar names over the summer.

He said "That most people would associate forwards only as being stellar names. Sometimes you get great defensive players that wouldn't be classed as a stellar signing but are in fact a stellar name."

For me he was hinting that one of the biggest names we would be after would be defensive, he also mentioned something earlier in the night that I will not repeat as it was a private conversation that left back is the likely area.

-- Fri May 21, 2010 12:11 pm --

terrychoichelsea said:
well, pearce_out. I read your original post in your forum. You said this summer would never like last one again. Is it mean this summer will be a quiet one, with no big-name signing anymore?

thanks for your info.

My opinion is that it means we won't be signing players in that quantity again although I could be wrong. There was a clear indication that the plan at the club was to be based on the Barcelona model and they wanted to start signing more Adam Johnsons rather than Adebayors ect. I think that for all those expecting some star signings that they may be a little disappointed come september. I honestly think players like Hamsik are more our targets than the Fabregases<br /><br />-- Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm --<br /><br />
The Fixer said:
Just to point of last saeson we finished some 21 points or so off chelsea who won the league.

Sky Sports | Home | News | Mancini sets title challenge
17 May 2010 ... Roberto Mancini believes Man City can challenge for the Premier League title as early as next season.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_6159164,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html</a> - Cached

Now call me a cynical old sod but we won't be challenging for the title with players of the same quality next season :)

I asked the same question, they then went on to say that many of the players were unavailable during a large part of the season and had they all been available we would have been in a position to be higher up the table. They are certainly of the view that a fully fit squad is capable of being at the top or thereabouts.

personally i'll be made up if we go for the hamsik type player. dont get me wrong i havent seen much of him and i dont necessarilly mean him as such, just a younger player with big potential.

i do think though that the last government have really fucked our premiership over with this tax shite, the new government wont be in any rush to overturn it either!

On the positive side Hart and Tevez are 100% staying and the media hype about Tevez falling out with Mancini is tripe.

Pearce_out said:
I'll try to remember exactly what he said on something he asked.

I asked if we were looking at stellar names over the summer.

He said "That most people would associate forwards only as being stellar names. Sometimes you get great defensive players that wouldn't be classed as a stellar signing but are in fact a stellar name."

For me he was hinting that one of the biggest names we would be after would be defensive, he also mentioned something earlier in the night that I will not repeat as it was a private conversation that left back is the likely area.

but we already have petrov for left back

well, pearce-out. I believe your info is genuine. In fact, you are able to name the source which others didn't(you even put your reputation on this O_O). But i'm still of the believe that we'll go for something big this summer.

If Mansour, Khaldoon, etc had watched how we played against Man Utd, the match against Tottenham, i refuse to believe that they think players like Milner, Luiz will improve our chance to go to top four. Remember, if we don't get fourth spot next season, Mancini job could be in danger. In fact, Mancini said we'll go for the title. If we want to achieve this, it's inevitable that we must try to bring something like Gerrard, Torres and Ibra.

I didn't mean the the CEO has lied to you, in fact the talks about the stadium, financial plan, facility, etc must be true. They have no reason to lie in this scenerio. But transfer is something are very sensitive to clubs, especially City. I don't think they'll reveal all outside, especially at a public level like your meeting with him.

Based on their failure on Kaka, terry, Eto'o, they'll try to hide something behind the scene and low down the pressure outside, which is why i think he talked to you like that. It's not lying, in fact from what i've seen from you write he didn't rule out anything, but just try to low down the pressure, let us be more realistic, then maybe something to surprise all of us.

That's my thinking. Thanks for your info, it's always good to have something like this coming out. Hope you don't mind some of the comments here( I've seen you a bit frustrated by some comments), and keep contact with your source and post something good for us. Really appreciated.

terrychoichelsea said:
well, pearce-out. I believe your info is genuine. In fact, you are able to name the source which others didn't(you even put your reputation on this O_O). But i'm still of the believe that we'll go for something big this summer.

If Mansour, Khaldoon, etc had watched how we played against Man Utd, the match against Tottenham, i refuse to believe that they think players like Milner, Luiz will improve our chance to go to top four. Remember, if we don't get fourth spot next season, Mancini job could be in danger. In fact, Mancini said we'll go for the title. If we want to achieve this, it's inevitable that we must try to bring something like Gerrard, Torres and Ibra.

I didn't mean the the CEO has lied to you, in fact the talks about the stadium, financial plan, facility, etc must be true. They have no reason to lie in this scenerio. But transfer is something are very sensitive to clubs, especially City. I don't think they'll reveal all outside, especially at a public level like your meeting with him.

Based on their failure on Kaka, terry, Eto'o, they'll try to hide something behind the scene and low down the pressure outside, which is why i think he talked to you like that. It's not lying, in fact from what i've seen from you write he didn't rule out anything, but just try to low down the pressure, let us be more realistic, then maybe something to surprise all of us.

That's my thinking. Thanks for your info, it's always good to have something like this coming out. Hope you don't mind some of the comments here( I've seen you a bit frustrated by some comments), and keep contact with your source and post something good for us. Really appreciated.

Thanks, my personal opinion is that some of the names being banded about obn here are pure fantasy, I think we will make some big buys but they are not going to be gerrard or even torres. The club definately are tying their best to get where we want to be and we will get there. There seems to be much going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of as fans that is setting the club up for a rosy future. Every area of the club is being improved not just the playing side.

Interesting stuff PO and thanks for letting us know. Seems to be a much more realistic assessment of where we are and what we are going for and it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Pearce_out said:
After speaking with City execs last night I can confirm that we have not signed 3 players, we have not even signed one. Although they were very reluctant to give anything away about transfers they did hint that one deal might be advanced in negotiations and that 2 others were under discussion. I read between the lines on what they said that we are after a superstar defender probably a left back.

They said alot more but I have already put it on another forum and can't be arsed to answer the million and one questions about it that i will get here no doubt if I did.
Nice one mate.

Boateng,
Milner,
Luiz

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.