It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way things are going Zidane will be out on his ear and a new coach appointed who will want Isco at RM and after another thread of 2000 pages or so he will stay where he is on a far higher salary. Mods no thread unless there is an announcement on official site he has signed and is holding up the shirt.

If we're signing him, I think it's more realistic that he is replacing Gundo than Bernardo

I was referring to Delph/Oz. Huge fan of Mendy. He has the exact profile that I look for in a fullback. I'm guessing we'll roll with Delph/Oz next year as our backup LB and then reevaluate in Jan or the summer after. I'm not ready to give up on Danilo as a backup RB yet but I'm not opposed to shipping him out if that's his wish. I think we could get a backup like Walker/Mendy but they'd have to really young. Walker/Maffeo + Mendy/Young Dynamic LB if the club choose to go that route.

I guess my point is having Delph or Zinchenko as a backup LB is no worse than Danilo as a backup at RB. I don't get the panic about our LB situation when we essentially have the same situation on the other side (except Walker is healthy). In other words, if Mendy was not hurt we would not be discussing this. Next year presumably Mendy will be healthy...

giphy.gif

I guess my point is having Delph or Zinchenko as a backup LB is no worse than Danilo as a backup at RB. I don't get the panic about our LB situation when we essentially have the same situation on the other side (except Walker is healthy). In other words, if Mendy was not hurt we would not be discussing this. Next year presumably Mendy will be healthy...

I can't argue with that at all. Spot on.

Does anyone genuinely believe Bernardo's signed to play as a free 8? Because there's been no inclination shown by Pep so far towards the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.