It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my point is having Delph or Zinchenko as a backup LB is no worse than Danilo as a backup at RB. I don't get the panic about our LB situation when we essentially have the same situation on the other side (except Walker is healthy). In other words, if Mendy was not hurt we would not be discussing this. Next year presumably Mendy will be healthy...
The reason is simple. Unlike Danilo who cane into the team with the Label 'RB' next to his name, neither Delph nor Zee came into the team with the Label 'LB' next to theres.

Hence the irrationality as it relates to Leftback.

We can now, we always could? But IF we want to sign an additional foreign player in midfield or in attack then it would make sense as Delph > Zinchenko at LB.

No Muric the third choice keeper took a foreign spot. Since January this year he now qualifies as homegrown thus freeing up a foreign spot. This allows to include Mendy Delph and Zinchenko.

I assume if Mahrez had joined then Mendy would have been left off.

Does anyone genuinely believe Bernardo's signed to play as a free 8? Because there's been no inclination shown by Pep so far towards the idea.

I wonder does he plan to play him as a false 9 In the future?
The strike force could be Sane/Diaz on the left, Jesus/B Silva through middle and Sterling/Mahrez on the right.

We could play Sane/Jesus/Sterling if we want width up top or if we want the wide men cutting inside we could play Jesus on the left Bernardo through the middle as a false 9 and Mahrez cutting in from the right.

No Muric the third choice keeper took a foreign spot. Since January this year he now qualifies as homegrown thus freeing up a foreign spot. This allows to include Mendy Delph and Zinchenko.

I assume if Mahrez had joined then Mendy would have been left off.

To be precise he isn't actually homegrown/association trained yet. But he is now eligible for the b list which for the purposes of your argument is the same thing.

Does anyone genuinely believe Bernardo's signed to play as a free 8? Because there's been no inclination shown by Pep so far towards the idea.

He was moved there a few games ago after a sub. There isn't any room in the attacking mid department right now. As fourth choice for 2 positions its a tough ask.

I hope we don't sign any player in the summer and just rely on our youngsters as follow:

1- Maffeo
2- Manu Garcia
3- Roberts
4- Douglas Luiz
5- Aleix Garcia
6- Tosin

We should let those guys start every cup game ( Carabo & FA ) and let the big players focus on the League & CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.