It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully and presumably the club are already planning for Sergio's end of contract....He will rightfully leave a legend at the end of his contract but his boots will take some filling. While Pep is here we wont have an out and out striker, but then again Pep maybe here only another two years so we also have to take that it account if we are going for a replacement.

I don't ever see Jesus being the all around forward Sergio is...his ability in the link up play is superior but his finishing isn't and his ability to lead a line (while not required under Pep) is anywhere near as good. Sane is the interesting one for me...he remind me a lot of fake ronaldo (minus the aerial ability). If we can keep hold of him he could be the one.
You could argue that whilst Pep is here and no doubt his handpicked predecessor (same style of play) will prefer Jesus for his link up play and so forth and we won’t go for another “out and out striker” as they won’t fit what we are going for.

Pep loves goals from his wingers and there is no reason that won’t continue.

Hopefully and presumably the club are already planning for Sergio's end of contract....He will rightfully leave a legend at the end of his contract but his boots will take some filling. While Pep is here we wont have an out and out striker, but then again Pep maybe here only another two years so we also have to take that it account if we are going for a replacement.

I don't ever see Jesus being the all around forward Sergio is...his ability in the link up play is superior but his finishing isn't and his ability to lead a line (while not required under Pep) is anywhere near as good. Sane is the interesting one for me...he remind me a lot of fake ronaldo (minus the aerial ability). If we can keep hold of him he could be the one.

I haven't seen the stats but I'd be surprised if Jesus isn't already murdering Aguero's goals per minute ratio for the same age, in the midst of two major injuries.

You could argue that whilst Pep is here and no doubt his handpicked predecessor (same style of play) will prefer Jesus for his link up play and so forth and we won’t go for another “out and out striker” as they won’t fit what we are going for.

yup that would be a possibility

I haven't seen the stats but I'd be surprised if Jesus isn't already murdering Aguero's goals per minute ratio for the same age, in the midst of two major injuries.

Maybe. But he isn't the all around striker that Aguero is....wha ti mean by that is at present Kun scores goals from anywhere on the pitch...different types of goals....individual goals.

Jesus is a great player and could undoubtedly be world class but at present he is more a a poacher than anything else. He has time on his hands and could well develop into an even better player than Sergio but at present he isn't close

Yeah that or possibly Raz through the middle with Sane or Bailey cutting inside from the right.

Maybe. But he isn't the all around striker that Aguero is....wha ti mean by that is at present Kun scores goals from anywhere on the pitch...different types of goals....individual goals.

Jesus is a great player and could undoubtedly be world class but at present he is more a a poacher than anything else. He has time on his hands and could well develop into an even better player than Sergio but at present he isn't close

He has scored all kinds of goals though. He's just warming up for City due to his injuries.

He's scored some impressive individual goals for Brazil and Palmeiras, some of which he was cutting inside off the wings as well. I don't think we really need to him to be pinging balls into the top corner from 30 yards, with the way we're playing all we really need him to be world class at are the poachers goals and helping the build up play, anything else he can add to the attack is just a bonus.

He's scored some impressive individual goals for Brazil and Palmeiras, some of which he was cutting inside off the wings as well. I don't think we really need to him to be pinging balls into the top corner from 30 yards, with the way we're playing all we really need him to be world class at are the poachers goals and helping the build up play, anything else he can add to the attack is just a bonus.

you are right he did......not quite for us though yet. Trying to find a manager that can emulate Pep and his style however might be the hardest thing we have ever done as a club

Hopefully..i do believe there is a lot more to come from him....we need him to reach his potential and i think its fair to say some don't

I don't think we should underestimate the effect injuries have had on his City career. He hasn't really started yet & most of the time he's playing catchup with match fitness. He's said himself how it's put him off his game.

Still managing to score with both feet & his head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.