It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would turn us down, but obviously I have no special reason be believe I am more right that you on this one mate. All a matter of opinions. Besides that I don't think Timo Werner is ready for neither Bayern nor City.
Why? He had no problem leaving his boyhood club, Stuttgart, when a better offer came along.

Why? He had no problem leaving his boyhood club, Stuttgart, when a better offer came along.
Well he was not appreciated in Stuttgart. The fans were after him, and even his coach at the time Zorniger made disrespectful comments following a Timo Werner goal celebration. So in the end I think it was easy enough for him to leave Stuttgart.
In addition to that Leipzig is known as a club with a good treatment of younger players. They have a policy of buying only young players and their team is in general very young. Not to forget is that the master mind of Leipzig is Ralf Rangnick, who in fact comes from the same small village near Stuttgart as Timo Werner (Backnang). Rangnick was a manager himself in Stuttgart and Schalke, but has now moved upstairs and is defining the whole operation of all the Red Bull clubs. He makes it very attractive to be in Leipzig.

Anyways as I said this is all just my opinion. You may be right that Timo Werner is just waiting for an offer from a bigger club.

Well he was not appreciated in Stuttgart. The fans were after him, and even his coach at the time Zorniger made disrespectful comments following a Timo Werner goal celebration. So in the end I think it was easy enough for him to leave Stuttgart.
In addition to that Leipzig is known as a club with a good treatment of younger players. They have a policy of buying only young players and their team is in general very young. Not to forget is that the master mind of Leipzig is Ralf Rangnick, who in fact comes from the same small village near Stuttgart as Timo Werner (Backnang). Rangnick was a manager himself in Stuttgart and Schalke, but has now moved upstairs and is defining the whole operation of all the Red Bull clubs. He makes it very attractive to be in Leipzig.

Anyways as I said this is all just my opinion. You may be right that Timo Werner is just waiting for an offer from a bigger club.
Right, but he has no links to Leipzig and when you say "Leipzig is known as a club with a good treatment of younger players", you basically mean they're a stepping stone club, yes?

Right, but he has no links to Leipzig and when you say "Leipzig is known as a club with a good treatment of younger players", you basically mean they're a stepping stone club, yes?
Not exactly. I don't think Leipzig has sold enough players to be regarded as a stepping stone club. To the best of my knowledge Keita is more or less the first large sale they conduct. They might be loosing Emil Forsberg too, for the same reason that he wants to leave. I don't think they will let him leave to another German club though, if they let him leave at all. Time will tell if they become a stepping stone club or a top club in Germany of their own right.

Not exactly. I don't think Leipzig has sold enough players to be regarded as a stepping stone club. To the best of my knowledge Keita is more or less the first large sale they conduct. They might be loosing Emil Forsberg too, for the same reason that he wants to leave. I don't think they will let him leave to another German club though, if they let him leave at all. Time will tell if they become a stepping stone club or a top club in Germany of their own right.
The only reason Leipzig haven't sold enough high profile players is that they've only been high enough in the German league to register on the public consciousness for 2 seasons including this one.

The only reason Leipzig haven't sold enough high profile players is that they've only been high enough in the German league to register on the public consciousness for 2 seasons including this one.
Correct, maybe. I think their ambition is higher than becoming the next feeder club for Bayern and Dortmund though. Again just my belief.

Correct, maybe. I think their ambition is higher than becoming the next feeder club for Bayern and Dortmund though. Again just my belief.
We could aspire to be like F.C. Bayern they effectively have 17 feeder clubs in the Bunderliga - they seem to pick and chose pretty much whomever they want from opposition teams with a few exceptions. Perhaps we need a senior exec team who trade in tax fraud, backhanders and dodgey watches to be more FFP compliant!

We could aspire to be like F.C. Bayern they effectively have 17 feeder clubs in the Bunderliga - they seem to pick and chose pretty much whomever they want from opposition teams with a few exceptions. Perhaps we need a senior exec team who trade in tax fraud, backhanders and dodgey watches to be more FFP compliant!

Really... - I do not want to tell you about your owners... - and I guess you should not start. I guess as a City fan you are for sure not in a position to throw stones...

You know where de Bruyne and Sane play?

You could aspire to be like Bayern - last weekend we started with 4 players that came from our academy... - and in the favourite starting eleven I just see Lewy (who was a free agent) and Neuer that came from rivalling clubs. Oh - Hummels - homegrown player that spend some time abroad in Prussia that wanted to go home. But - we have 2 players from Real, one from City, 1 from Barcelona...

Last edited:
You can’t deny that Bayern over the years have cherry picked the German league and not only strengthened their own squad but often decimated the opposition you tore the heart out of Leverkusen in the early 2000s taking their three best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.