It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trev may be making it up but he's probably in the right ballpark. If the €700m release clause has expired then any fee agreed would have to be around that £75m, plus Garcia, who's already said he wants to go.

So outside theory here:

When the silver lake investment was made the valuation of the club made me scratch my head a little as by any measurement it was optimistic at best.

However one of the comments at the time was ‘when we shared our plans with the SL team they fully bought into our vision’.

Looking at the events happening now; maybe this Messi deal has been known, fully understood and expected since before that time - maybe we reached out for the investment based on this happening? Had reassurances from Messi’s team and the legal team too.

This would explain the valuation fully and the draw for the SL investment.

I think this is all a lot more mature and planned out than people think, so the odd 25-50 million either way is fine print for a deal that’s already done.

Why pay that much for someone that could be had for free? If there was any fee, its purpose would just be to maintain a good relationship between clubs. The only way this is true is if we wanted to get rid of Gabby which I doubt. Why lose your promising young striker when you know your main striker could be leaving soon.

I‘d be horrified if we contemplated paying a fee based on keeping good relations! These fuckers were trying to get our head on a spike a few weeks ago. Any fee should be to get Messi’s registration and for nothing else. If Barca want ‘Judas‘ Garcia they should pay his market value.

So outside theory here:

When the silver lake investment was made the valuation of the club made me scratch my head a little as by any measurement it was optimistic at best.

However one of the comments at the time was ‘when we shared our plans with the SL team they fully bought into our vision’.

Looking at the events happening now; maybe this Messi deal has been known, fully understood and expected since before that time - maybe we reached out for the investment based on this happening? Had reassurances from Messi’s team and the legal team too.

This would explain the valuation fully and the draw for the SL investment.

I think this is all a lot more mature and planned out than people think, so the odd 25-50 million either way is fine print for a deal that’s already done.
maybe, but i'm sure the euro ban saga put stuff on hold (and then the 'Rona). maybe Messi was due last year? it's an interesting theory.

which leads onto the assumption that if this has been a long time in the planning, shirley the lawyers have been over his contract in detail to determine just the right time to bust him out?

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Cheeseman claimed that Pep had extended a week or two ago and that was complete horseshit? He doesn't know anything.

George Weah was 33 when he signed for us, he played 11 games and scored only 4 goals. Messi hasn't had any real dip in standards yet, but just goes to show it happens, even to the very best.

My reading is that he is reflecting Barcelona’s opening negotiation. If so it’s a step forward as until now they are refusing to negotiate unless someone pays the (non existent) get out clause. As such it’s at least positive movement. We will end up paying nothing like that and have already confirmed that none of our a team are available and that will include gabby. We should chill as in this we hold most of the cards.
Agreed - but he has been a bit stupid (IMO) not to make it clear that is what he is reflecting

Leaves himself open to criticism / ridicule

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Cheeseman claimed that Pep had extended a week or two ago and that was complete horseshit? He doesn't know anything.

At this stage no one does in terms of an actually concrete deal. Like most he is talking shit and randomly guessing. Do enough guessing or nicking other people’s guesses and eventually you may get one right. Throw in things may change and you have covered yourself.

The only thing that has probably been agreed at this point is what we will pay Messi if he comes.

George Weah was 33 when he signed for us, he played 11 games and scored only 4 goals. Messi hasn't had any real dip in standards yet, but just goes to show it happens, even to the very best.
George Weah even at 33 was streets ahead of our team, the goat alluded to it on radio last week that weah used to make these fantastic runs in behind the defence or take a defender with him but none of the midfield ever spotted it.
He played a full season at Marseille after us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.