It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thinking that

We fans, in the main, are unfamiliar with the drawing up and execution of strategic business plans.

Khaldoon et al are not
Maybe, but the wider interest of the CFG don't really bother me, MCFC is the priority.

Good thinking that

We fans, in the main, are unfamiliar with the drawing up and execution of strategic business plans.

Khaldoon et al are not

I work on deals of similar sizes week in week out, when you’re looking at these types of figures your thinking longer term, you have a strategy and a plan that’s thought out in terms of 5year and 10 years.

A major event such as messi potentially coming available will have been played into this, my mind kept going back to the silver lake deal as soon as this started to come out (not the Chinese media deal as I think that’s a different agenda and the timing didn’t quite work).

For me I think this has been on the cards since the last talks over two years ago with Messi.

I would not be surprised to see a CFG strategy built around a Messi inclusion which gives city a short term boost on the field, a huge long term commercial boost, but at CFG level across the globe (starting with NYC) is where we reap the teal rewards as will Messi himself.

Silver Lake was the first pointer; we will expand the football portfolio into new areas and longer term I see this developing into other global sports also.

Kaldoon Et al are world class business strategists - they are at the top of their game, having come across them in my professional life I can tell you there is no short term thinking at all - every word, action and inaction is deliberate.

George Weah was 33 when he signed for us, he played 11 games and scored only 4 goals. Messi hasn't had any real dip in standards yet, but just goes to show it happens, even to the very best.
George Weah had not legs when he came to us, serious attitude problem and was a lazy bastard.

Sean Goater can say what he likes, but Weah stunk the place out in a matter of weeks.

Whats the delay in getting Jorge Messi to Barcelona ? I imagine he isnt flying commercial.

I'd make a guess that he is making sure he has absolutely everything in order before charging into a meeting.

As fans we get impatient and press start to speculate over perceived delay etc...

This is arguably the biggest transfer in history, a political landmine so it will need to be engineered in the best way possible for all sides. I cant even begin to imagine the layers of negotiations that occur with something like this. It isnt just the club, it's the sponsors, the image rights etc...

Ok you pedantic fucker, 3/4 of a season.
So reading between the lines Messi is on the downside?
Technically absolutely not, physically naturally yes. The balance between the two is not detrimental right now, however as we've seen with Silva and Toure that can change very quickly, even over the course of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.