It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s interesting as Silva had a good season and Pep even said he wanted him to stay. The year before there seemed to be a decline but I wouldn’t use that logic off the back of this season
Wanting someone to stay and seeing a decline isn't mutually exclusive. My wife's tits are declining, it doesn't mean I want her out of the door.

Lazy or just couldn't do it anymore?

We've seen it with Silva, the absolute epitome of a player who had the right attitude and worked hard for the team. He just got to an age, his legs couldn't do what his heart and head wanted him to do. The league gets faster, stronger and more physically competitive every single year, it's no dig at any of the players, it's just natural physical decline.
I thought he had a serious attitude problem, he had no legs, he was 33, that's understandable but he was doing us a favor with his mere presence.

David Silva legs went early last season, but his ability and total dedication to everything about the club still made him a hugely important player. Incredible example to everyone at the club. Let's hope Mr Messi has the same attributes.

Wonky that a lot of his goals that leads to great minute to goal ratios is against shit? Lukaku career in England was always knocked about goals against the top 6 sides. I like Jesus and want him to stay, minutes to goal ratios which are padded against crap doesn’t impress me. Nacho had an incredible goals to minutes ratio with us....
Jesus will not go.
It’s what he does off the ball as much as the goals he scores.
Nobody can press as well as he does in our forward line. Pep loves that and there’s no way he’s going to want to see him go in the deal.

I work on deals of similar sizes week in week out, when you’re looking at these types of figures your thinking longer term, you have a strategy and a plan that’s thought out in terms of 5year and 10 years.

A major event such as messi potentially coming available will have been played into this, my mind kept going back to the silver lake deal as soon as this started to come out (not the Chinese media deal as I think that’s a different agenda and the timing didn’t quite work).

For me I think this has been on the cards since the last talks over two years ago with Messi.

I would not be surprised to see a CFG strategy built around a Messi inclusion which gives city a short term boost on the field, a huge long term commercial boost, but at CFG level across the globe (starting with NYC) is where we reap the teal rewards as will Messi himself.

Silver Lake was the first pointer; we will expand the football portfolio into new areas and longer term I see this developing into other global sports also.

Kaldoon Et al are world class business strategists - they are at the top of their game, having come across them in my professional life I can tell you there is no short term thinking at all - every word, action and inaction is deliberate.
Interesting insight. Thanks for posting.

When you look at things in these terms, which probably most fans don't, it makes you realise how fortunate were are to have probably the best owners in football. How many have replicated our model? Not many. There are signs that Wolves or Sheffield United might be looking at how we do things, but the traditional big clubs - Liverpool, Arsenal, United et al, plus others in the G14, are all standing around, pointing, ridiculing, laughing, saying it won't last as we are just a play thing of the rich. And while they are doing that, Khaldoon turns us into the most powerful football entity on the planet.

Look at Rawk, or Red Cafe. Their fans generally all complaining, accusing us of cheating because we're getting Messi. How unfair it is, because they are big clubs and we are just an upstart with no history. Well, wake up and smell the coffee. Whilst we might be 'a small club with no history', they are fast becoming insignificant clubs with no future. We have overtaken Liverpool in terms of income. United are in our sights. If they are as big as their fans always claim, ask them why are Liverpool and United giving us a free run at Messi? Deep down, they know they are operating at levels well below ours.

Does it matter who the source is when a journalist posts shite on Twitter? Err yeah although I do like Tracy from Tesco’s:-)
Well, the most journalists don't reveal their sources do they? Tolmie doesn't reveal his on here as far as I know. I wouldn't expect them to.

Once he typed this you knew he was talking out of his arse :-

but it’s looking like it will take a compromise figure of over £100 million plus Jesus & Garcia to prize Messi from Barcelona
Yep - even if there is something out there from Barca saying that is what they would settle for - there is absolutely no way that he has received any information that indicates that that CITY would consider such a deal as a compromise - it can only be his personal speculation (aka bollocks)

Interesting insight. Thanks for posting.

When you look at things in these terms, which probably most fans don't, it makes you realise how fortunate were are to have probably the best owners in football. How many have replicated our model? Not many. There are signs that Wolves or Sheffield United might be looking at how we do things, but the traditional big clubs - Liverpool, Arsenal, United et al, plus others in the G14, are all standing around, pointing, ridiculing, laughing, saying it won't last as we are just a play thing of the rich. And while they are doing that, Khaldoon turns us into the most powerful football entity on the planet.

Look at Rawk, or Red Cafe. Their fans generally all complaining, accusing us of cheating because we're getting Messi. How unfair it is, because they are big clubs and we are just an upstart with no history. Well, wake up and smell the coffee. Whilst we might be 'a small club with no history', they are fast becoming insignificant clubs with no future. We have overtaken Liverpool in terms of income. United are in our sights. If they are as big as their fans always claim, ask them why are Liverpool and United giving us a free run at Messi? Deep down, they know they are operating at levels well below ours.

As an aside one of my teams did some work for Liverpool FC a couple of years ago - a strategy review looking at one particular part of the non sporting side. Before the presentation (which I attended and did the intro and positioning for) with their SLT I changed the background of the slide pack to a watermark image of our stadium - the title of the presentation was ‘what good looks like’.

Not one of them spotted the Etihad stadium on every slide in a two hour presentation and workshop !

I think some people need to go a bit easier on Cheesey. He's just reporting what he has heard. Hes not said he agrees with anything. Hes a proper blue and I don't think he deserves the insults one or two are giving him on here.
But he’s reporting it as “this is what it will take” rather than quoting sources, so he’s putting his own slant on it. If it’s simply Barça’s opening shot, as one or two suggest, then he should have said that. Furthermore, he says negotiations are continuing when every other source reckons they haven‘t started.

Two possibilities then : he’s either uniquely qualified and informed or he’s guilty of sloppy, misplaced posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.