It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's kind of my point, the fact remains that we missed out on the players we wanted because we set ourselves limits to work within within our system(and as I said I trust our system). It's unlikely that Messi will be "cheap"
We don't set ourselves limits, it's a consideration of whether the player represents value for money. The aforementioned players no longer represented value for money or backtracked on verbal agreements, none of which can be attributed to the club having limits. If a player is worth £100m, then we will spend £100m, if we feel it represents good value, if not we won't. It's really simple, most of us do it in every day life whether it's a bottle of water, lunch or buying a car.

Absolutely correct. In actual fact, City will keep it that way until Messi and his dad tell us the next lay of the land.

There is no need for City to even confirm an interest when it could still go legal. The last thing we want is a tribunal deciding to add an extra £50m because we have confirmed an agreement with the player.

On the offering of players and cash, again, see above. City have made it very clear off the record that Jesus and Bernardo are not for sale.

Messi has filmed his stuff with an Argentine unit, no idea who they are.
So basically there is no more on the subject until Jorge meets with the Barcelona hierarchy?

Until City find out what the situation is after the meeting there is nothing City can do obviously.

How can people think it would be Navas? Fucking hell. That is laughable choice when we already have Walker Cancelo Couto and he is already old
I'm sure people are just having a laugh... because he used to play for us and wasn't phenomenal. But you do you I guess

Yes that's kind of my point, the fact remains that we missed out on the players we wanted because we set ourselves limits to work within within our system(and as I said I trust our system). It's unlikely that Messi will be "cheap"

The limits we would set wrt Messi would be much more flexible as his off the field impact would be incredible and incomparable.

Absolutely correct. In actual fact, City will keep it that way until Messi and his dad tell us the next lay of the land.

There is no need for City to even confirm an interest when it could still go legal. The last thing we want is a tribunal deciding to add an extra £50m because we have confirmed an agreement with the player.

On the offering of players and cash, again, see above. City have made it very clear off the record that Jesus and Bernardo are not for sale.

My only concern int his is the reports of the new contract offer from Barca to Messi and his dad that will supposedly be given at the meeting on Wendesday/Thursday.

I just hope he doesnt have his head turned back towards Barca.

My only concern int his is the reports of the new contract offer from Barca to Messi and his dad that will supposedly be given at the meeting on Wendesday/Thursday.

I just hope he doesnt have his head turned back towards Barca.

If Messi's main motivation isn't to get more money but to work with the best manager and a team with a realistic chance to win big trophies, then there's no reason to expect he'd sign a new contract there.

The limits we would set wrt Messi would be much more flexible as his off the field impact would be incredible and incomparable.
Clearly you're buying arguably the best player in the world so you would hope so(and I'm sure that will be a factor), but if the deal isn't right we will walk and while I again would love Messi, I trust the club to make the call on this

Do you still feel comfortable that we have him?

Seems we do, but this meeting between Barca & Messi's Dad dictates what route we take with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.