It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a poster alluded to earlier Jesus suffers because he is not Aguero but who is ? Jesus will be one of the most effective strikers in world football in the next couple of seasons.
He has clever feet ,and if he gets the opportunity to play/train with Messi then we will see the full potential of Jesus bloom . I always feel when watching him that he holds back on his natural ability to use the ball in tight situations, instead he looks for a pass instead of believing in his abilities to dribble/bamboozle the defender or simply dance into a scoring position. He has done it in the past but he needs a player like Messi to draw those talents out of him . Foden has had Silva to watch, but Jesus has not had a mentor of the same ilk as him to watch and learn from . Kun is Kun and is a different type of striker .
He could become truly established next season. That‘s what I expect to happen as Kun moves closer to veteran status.

Good post. I believe Messi also feels the pressure at barcelona. I imagine he feels he is carrying them, and if the side is failing this must be very depressing. I think he needs to leave for himself.

And as for Barcelona is is natural to build your side around a world class player but when the central cog gets to 33 and the other cogs are getting warn, it might be better to replace the entire mechanism. For a couple of years now bright new cogs have come in in Countinho, Griezmann, Dembele and all struggled.
Yep
Agree with all that.
Messi knows he has a few good years left in him and doesn’t want to see a team made up by all his friends being dismantled with him being left as the fall-guy for when it all goes tits up. That explains his desperation to abandon the sinking ship and puts us in a brilliant position to get him at more reasonable rates.
It’s win win for City however you look at it and our executive is playing a blinder...

Absolutely correct. In actual fact, City will keep it that way until Messi and his dad tell us the next lay of the land.

There is no need for City to even confirm an interest when it could still go legal. The last thing we want is a tribunal deciding to add an extra £50m because we have confirmed an agreement with the player.

On the offering of players and cash, again, see above. City have made it very clear off the record that Jesus and Bernardo are not for sale.

Messi has filmed his stuff with an Argentine unit, no idea who they are.

Fuck the media and their destabilisation attempts.

Toure was 6ft 4 and was a big old unit, of course he was going to have a sudden decline and it's more noticeable in a big fella when the speed and stamina go.
Messi is 5 ft what, 5 or 6? His game isn't going to suddenly fall off like the others, his body is built probably of that of a 30 year old
But like you say all about opinions.
Again I respect your opinion but we have just seen David Silva (34 now) decline in a very similar fashion over the last 12-18 months and he is very similar to Messi in physical stature.

How would Blues feel about a trade off?

As we know football is political. Tebas Is raging and will do all he can to stop Messi leaving La Liga. Even moreso if it's for us.

What if City offered Real Madrid Sterling to placate him. Not many English players can say they've played for 3 so called elite teams and I think he'd fancy the challenge and it would suit his game.

Would you accept this?

Personally I wouldn't.
Are you feeling OK?

So basically there is no more on the subject until Jorge meets with the Barcelona hierarchy?

Until City find out what the situation is after the meeting there is nothing City can do obviously.

I've yet to see anyone of real repute confirming his dad is meeting. First it was Monday, then Wednesday and now Thursday.

What's he coming on, a fucking skateboard?

If it was that vital, I'm sure we could find him an appropriate private jet, considering the money on the line...

Why does his dad need to be in Barcelona full stop? Why's he coming to supposedly negotiate when he and his son no longer consider Messi an employee of the club?

F.C Imminent.

My only concern int his is the reports of the new contract offer from Barca to Messi and his dad that will supposedly be given at the meeting on Wendesday/Thursday.

I just hope he doesnt have his head turned back towards Barca.

In the unlikely event that did happen it would be a bullet dodged as his motivation would then be seen to be money.

I've yet to see anyone of real repute confirming his dad is meeting. First it was Monday, then Wednesday and now Thursday.

What's he coming on, a fucking skateboard?

If it was that vital, I'm sure we could find him an appropriate private jet, considering the money on the line...

Why does his dad need to be in Barcelona full stop? Why's he coming to supposedly negotiate when he and his son no longer consider Messi an employee of the club?

F.C Imminent.

So what's the play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.