Not open for further replies.
He`s not coming..... its obvious .
why would he leave... he loves barca and they love him

forget it.
he`s not coming....
DONT PANIC...
IM SO SO GUTTED ...NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Messi doesn't do tax.

But if we offered him share oprtions in CFG, for instance. and if the reports about moving to New York for the last 2 years of his contract are true, then he wouldn't be a UK resident when he exercised the options.

CFG is a UK entity so will it will need to account in the UK. His tax may well be payable in NY but that won't make a huge saving over the UK tax. Options, as you know, are in any event, worthless unless the value increases from the strike and the strike price needs to be market. In other words, options are not a tax efficient way to pay him. In any event, they aren't going to give him more than say 5% of the company under option. That means a $125m payment before tax even if the value DOUBLED. Can't see it being true or particularly attractive.

Options are worthless unless the value of the option increases. But the strike price needs to be market value ie $5bn
Functionally the same, but I'd assume the equity grant would be via warrants instead of options, no? Have exactly the same tax issues though.

stories about him staying are just impatience and attempts to keep people clicking.

Yep and I don't know why so many fannies fall for this shit with every single big transfer we do.

Because Pep, Txiki and Jorge are all going to fly across and tell Messi to stay at Barca while the board (note: not just the twat of a president) are treating the guy like a twat? Sure.

Functionally the same, but I'd assume the equity grant would be via warrants instead of options, no? Have exactly the same tax issues though.
Exactly, however they are structured they have major tax implications unless people are prepared to try and evade.

Options are worthless unless the value of the option increases. But the strike price needs to be market value ie $5bn

Good to see you’re aboard this thread as your name has been summoned a few times :-)

Issuing share options this year during a pandemic with a relatively low share value maybe beneficial in a few years time when hopefully the global crisis is under control & the exercise price a fair deal higher.

So I wouldn’t call them worthless but I agree it’s a gamble to rely on an increase in value whenever that exercise year occurs & probably not a huge incentive for Messi.

Mind you if he performs well & helps City win then it almost turns into a performance incentive with the share value potentially increasing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.